Next season's top pitchers. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next season's top pitchers.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nirjraina » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:01 pm

How exactly does Weaver have ML avg stuff? His last season in college he racked up 210 Ks in 144 in. And if you combine his Minor and Major league stats he has 120 Ks in 100 in.

That should easily translate into above average stuff in the ML. I know he doesnt have a 98 mph fastball but there are other ways to get ppl out.
nirjraina
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmande09 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:03 pm

nirjraina wrote:How exactly does Weaver have ML avg stuff? His last season in college he racked up 210 Ks in 144 in. And if you combine his Minor and Major league stats he has 120 Ks in 100 in.

That should easily translate into above average stuff in the ML. I know he doesnt have a 98 mph fastball but there are other ways to get ppl out.

He's a polished college pitcher and he pitches, doesn't throw. His stuff is not great, his fastball is above average and everything else is plain ol' average.
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:07 pm

rmande09 wrote:
nirjraina wrote:How exactly does Weaver have ML avg stuff? His last season in college he racked up 210 Ks in 144 in. And if you combine his Minor and Major league stats he has 120 Ks in 100 in.

He's a polished college pitcher and he pitches, doesn't throw. His stuff is not great, his fastball is above average and everything else is plain ol' average.
I agree with everything you said.He is a mirror image of his brother.A couple of times through the league and teams will start to figure him out.I think his stuff is also very average
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:26 am

TurdFerguson wrote:
rmande09 wrote:

I agree with everything you said.He is a mirror image of his brother.A couple of times through the league and teams will start to figure him out.I think his stuff is also very average

Stuff may not be great but Little Weaver has excellent control and poise which you cannot underrate as you can succeed by locating and developing your pitches.

In last nights start the first time through the order he was bringing first pitch fastball for strikes and getting ahead in the count. Second time through the order he started guys out with Change and Curve in addition to some fastballs and the first few guys stepping up were looking fastball and looked foolish (he got Ichiro swinging his first two times up).

There will be an adjustment period at some point as would be expected but I think Weaver will project out to a Solid #3 or possibly a a good #2 for the Angels. Weaver has succeeded each step of the way so far including through the recent domotion/promotion. As for now, ride out the first time through the league and enjoy.
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers