What is your take on A. Soriano? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is your take on A. Soriano?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:15 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:Also, you heard it from me first, but Kent will make Boone look like a minor leaguer next year.

I agree but the problem is that I drafted him THIS year thinking that he would do it sooner rather than later. :~(

Me too. :~(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:18 am

But I bet that you didn't have a first 5 picks like me. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:25 am

Lofunzo wrote:But I bet that you didn't have a first 5 picks like me. :-t

No......I wish I had. 8-o . Hopefully you are still in first in that league. :-B
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:29 am

Madison wrote:No......I wish I had. 8-o . Hopefully you are still in first in that league. :-B

Still in first?? Only because of some shrewd deals and key FA pickups am I even in contention for the playoffs.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:32 am

That says a lot about you as a fantasy owner ;-D . Being able to adapt is what wins championships. Good luck in the playoffs!
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:37 am

Madison wrote:That says a lot about you as a fantasy owner ;-D . Being able to adapt is what wins championships. Good luck in the playoffs!

Thanks, bud. I have played a lot of fantasy sports before but this is my first try in baseball. I wish that I found this place sooner. ;-D

Luckily, we have $$ in the loser's bracket as well and I know that I will kill them but I want to show my stuff up top. Either way, no matter what, I have fun and that's the important thing. Why else would I be here at 3:35 A.M. when I have to get up early and go to Baltimore for the weekend and go to Saturday's game? :-)
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:42 am

Well, you are an hour ahead of me, it's only 2:40 in Texas right now.

No matter what, enjoy the game this weekend. ;-D I always enjoy watching my terrible, no pitching, last place Rangers :-D .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby davus » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:27 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:Also, you heard it from me first, but Kent will make Boone look like a minor leaguer next year.

I agree but the problem is that I drafted him THIS year thinking that he would do it sooner rather than later. :~(

Actually, I think that my first 5 picks (with me picking 9th) were:

1. Oswalt
2. Kent
3. Berkman
4. Glaus
5. Abreu

And I'm not even a 'stros fan. LOL It's amazing that I'm even contending this year. Can you say.......Mulder and V. Wells?

I need to respond to this one. You think you had it bad?

My keepers were A-Rod and Unit. A-Rod has come back around and is pretty much what I expected...Unit...? BLECH! :-P

Now, after that here are my first 5 picks...

1) Colon - at 10-10 with an almost 4.00 ERA, he is a slight bust
2) B. Giles - injury + no power = BUST!
3) Koch - WHOOOOAAAAHHHH NELLY!!! I am still trying to figure out what I was thinking on that one... :*) (to make myself further look like an idiot, Billy Wagner went 6 picks later...)
4) Ray Durham - biggest bust of the season? It's hard to say in the year of the bust.
5) A. Benitez - worthless after the trade.

Now, luckily I made some good pickups over the year and some good trades. Durham and Benitez went to another team for Berkman who is playing pretty good overall and I didn't have to endure his season-opening mega-slump. This was before Durham started going on the DL every month and before Benitez was traded, so I dodged those bullets. Giles I just traded this week with MacDougal for Mags, I'm pretty happy there.

This is an 12-man 8x8 league and I have gone from 11th place in May to slowly climb up into fifth and I'm within striking distance of the top 4. Oh yeah, my #6 pick was Konerko (dumped hime when I traded for Huff early on), my #7 was Garcia (traded him for Damon early on) ...and I drafted Jeff Weaver (sent him packing when he was doing good early on along with Kearns for .... HUDSON ;-D ) and Damian Moss (was traded for Huff) to round out the rotation:-o

So, the moral of the story is there is always someone who has it worse than you. I feel sorry for the guy that had it worse than me. :-b
davus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers