Can-tu Can-DP.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Can-tu Can-DP..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ClarkAddison » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:09 am

Now that he has "lightened" himself up by dumping the scraggly beard the bat speed should improve. In all seriousness I think he will be fine, although I still find it odd that a player after being out for so long would ask for a night off .Keep him if you own him and buy low now --

Latest on Cantu from St. Petersburg Times

Frustrated by a 2-for-16 slump that includes double plays in four straight games, second baseman Jorge Cantu asked for Tuesday off to improve his swing and clear his head.

"I thought I needed a day off," Cantu said. "I'm just going to turn my brain off and come back fresh and ready (today). I just need to get this done."

Cantu said the six-plus weeks he spent on the disabled list (from April 17- June 6) is part of the reason he does not feel comfortable, though he is hitting .296 in 17 games since.

"That month-and-a-half off was really a killer," he said. "I just feel out of place right now, that I'm just a little bit off, and I need to try to get my rhythm back. I don't feel that I'm 100 percent right. I've got to have that feeling."

Cantu also changed his look, shaving the scraggly beard he has been sporting.
ClarkAddison
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates