JOHAN IS BACK!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

JOHAN IS BACK!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JOHAN IS BACK!!!!!!

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:30 pm

while you people have been talking about mike piazza and his great game, you have forgoten about johan!!!!!! is anyone else noticing this?

8 ip 4 hits 0 er 0 r 1 bb 8 k's

i dont care about dontrelle and beckett, him and mulder are doing prettay well right now
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby McGill » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:06 pm

I dont think hell get the win though...Too bad. :-C

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat..."

"....Again?!!"
McGill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kcs261 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:51 pm

Too many people bailed on this guy way too quick -- when common sense told you that it might take a few starts for him to get acclamated to being in the rotation. ;-D
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:02 am

I love Johan, don't get me wrong, but I think it will take a quality start against a quality offense before I will say he has lived up to his hype. He pitched against the Indians, in a 0-0 game now in the 13th inning, obviously nobody is swinging the bat well tonight. I hope this was a sign of things to come, but I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kcs261 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:09 am

The fact that he plays in the AL Central is a prime reason I wanted him. I can't tell you how much I here that argument, though. But from a fantasy perspective it really doesn't matter who he plays against. All that counts are the stats and his starts have helped my team big-time in the last 3 games. I don't know yet, either, whether he's a top-10 guy. But a top-25 SP? You betcha.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quickfingerz » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:56 am

Yeah, the general consensus on this forum was to drop him so i listened and dropped him. His WHIP has been under .9 in the last month.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kcs261 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:21 am

Advising somebody to dump Santana was a big stinker. I don't know how they jumped to so many conclusions after a couple of mediocre starts. No offense, but that was ridiculous advise. You should sue them for malpractice. :-t
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:36 am

It was a very nice game for Santana. It's a shame they couldn't score 1 run to get him a win.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Santana

Postby d18Mike » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:33 am

Apparently in his lesser starts he was having problems getting his change up over, and arguably using it too much.

Since less-than- stellar outing against the Tigers he has changed his approach and will be using more heat -- hence last night's result.

75% of the reason I picked him up was his soft schedule. His projected post All-Star starts include 4 games vs. Tigers, 3 vs. Indians, 2 vs. KC, 2Vs. WSox, 1-2 vs. Texas and Baltimore. (I may be off a bit, I'm working from memory)

There are some tough outing in there but no Yankees, Rex Sox or Mariners to face.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Santana

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:37 am

d18Mike wrote:Apparently in his lesser starts he was having problems getting his change up over, and arguably using it too much.

Since less-than- stellar outing against the Tigers he has changed his approach and will be using more heat -- hence last night's result.

Thanks for the info...that helps explain it a lot! Anyone who allows runs vs. the Tigers MUST be doing something wrong.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers