Can i keep it up?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can i keep it up??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can i keep it up??

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:11 pm

i'm 34-14-2 in my last five weeks...i have moved from ninth to fourth in my league but i don't think i can keep up this pace...a lot of people have told me that i have too many good players and not enough great ones...that being said i'd like to move cano and someone else for a top tier secondbasemen, i just don't know who to target...how does my team look? should i target someone and if so who? any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

My Team:
C - J. Varitek
1B - P. Konerko
2B - R. Cano
3B - A. Huff
SS - J. Reyes
OF - M. Ramirez, P. Burrell, N. Swisher
UTL - J. Pierre
SP - C. Carpenter, D. Willis, J. Peavy, Jo. Johnson, D. Lowe, K. Escobar, C. Hamels, A. Reyes
RP - T. Hoffman, C. Ray, T. Jones, E. Gagne (DL)
Bench:
B. Hall, B. McCann, C. Jones

Ten Team, h2h, non-keeper league
Pitching categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Hitting categories: HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MendozaLineup » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 pm

It may sound crazy, but I bet you could get a top hitter or pitcher for Reyes right now, so now may be the time to trade him...You have Pierre, so steals shouldn't be a huge problem for you - if you want, you can package a decent steals guy as well if you fear a drop in the category.

I would target tons of obvious buy low candidates, including Oswalt, Dunn, Tex, Peavy, etc....but the secret is to know the owners, who they irrationally like, what they need cat wise, etc. Good luck!
MendozaLineup
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:06 pm

MendozaLineup wrote:It may sound crazy, but I bet you could get a top hitter or pitcher for Reyes right now, so now may be the time to trade him...You have Pierre, so steals shouldn't be a huge problem for you - if you want, you can package a decent steals guy as well if you fear a drop in the category.

I would target tons of obvious buy low candidates, including Oswalt, Dunn, Tex, Peavy, etc....but the secret is to know the owners, who they irrationally like, what they need cat wise, etc. Good luck!

I dont like the idea of trading reyes. If you really wanted to trade steals i would trade pierre. Pierre is a one category wonder playing for a bad team. His BA has been terrible the past two years and more importantly his OBP this year is .294. However his steal potential could return some decent value. If you were going to trade one of those guys i think you would be left a little weaker than you want to be in steals. You might be able to contend week in and out but its not the garuntee that you have now. You might think about trading josh johnson and cano for a better 2B, Utley is a slumping 2B that comes to mind but you would need to offer up more than that for him. Also do you have to have two catchers because Mccann is wasting away on your bench. Theres reason to believe that you can keep it up. Varitek, Huff, Carpenter, Peavy, and even C. Jones have struggled a bit this year and previous numbers suggest they will turn it around...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Keep Reyes

Postby FantasyZealot » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:54 am

Reyes is the real deal, and will finish the season with top numbers so keep him. If you trade him, you will regret it. Your weakness lies in 2b and 3b.

Mcann, Josh Johnson, Pierre, Hamels, Huff, and Cano should be your trade bait to land some infielders. You could consider targeting guys like Felipe Lopez or Rickie Weeks, and Hank Blalock or Garret Atkins.

I think that your team will continue to perform well and your focus should be on moving those guys and trying to land two of the other guys.
FantasyZealot
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team