2006 Homerun Derby Victims? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2006 Homerun Derby Victims?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:31 am

Thome will 100% not be in the derby according to the White Sox & himself.

Highly doubt Pujols would even consider it.
Image
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2395
Joined: 11 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mets17 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:03 am

i think tex should be in the derby because maybe it will have the reverse effect on him and make him good again ;-D
mets17
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 200
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NY

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:18 am

I've heard rumors that it messes with players swing, but I'm not sure.
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jealousblues » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:23 am

I REMEMBER IT UP jIM eDMONDS SWING ONE YEAR/.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Posts: 2471
Joined: 6 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:39 am

Havok1517 wrote:I think these guys should for sure be in it...

Sexson
Huff
Dunn
Tex
Gomes
Peralta
Aram
Crosby

it might help have the opposite effect as Abreu's last year ;-D


Add Mike Young to that list and I'm with you! :-D ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:14 am

Madison wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think these guys should for sure be in it...

Sexson
Huff
Dunn
Tex
Gomes
Peralta
Aram
Crosby

it might help have the opposite effect as Abreu's last year ;-D


Add Mike Young to that list and I'm with you! :-D ;-D


Young is hitting .326 with an OPS of .826 :-?

I'd be happy with a few more jacks, but I'll take that at SS.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:36 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:
Madison wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think these guys should for sure be in it...

Sexson
Huff
Dunn
Tex
Gomes
Peralta
Aram
Crosby

it might help have the opposite effect as Abreu's last year ;-D


Add Mike Young to that list and I'm with you! :-D ;-D


Young is hitting .326 with an OPS of .826 :-?

I'd be happy with a few more jacks, but I'll take that at SS.


It was just a discussion about guys who were not hitting for power. Young has 5 home runs in 328 at bats. Not complaining, and as a Ranger fan I like Mike Young, I just expected more than 10 homers or so this year. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby DevilDriver » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:12 am

Madison wrote:
tinfoilxtouch wrote:
Madison wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think these guys should for sure be in it...

Sexson
Huff
Dunn
Tex
Gomes
Peralta
Aram
Crosby

it might help have the opposite effect as Abreu's last year ;-D


Add Mike Young to that list and I'm with you! :-D ;-D


Young is hitting .326 with an OPS of .826 :-?

I'd be happy with a few more jacks, but I'll take that at SS.


It was just a discussion about guys who were not hitting for power. Young has 5 home runs in 328 at bats. Not complaining, and as a Ranger fan I like Mike Young, I just expected more than 10 homers or so this year. ;-)

power's still there...he's on pace for 55 doubles

too bad those don't count in fantasy
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:40 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:is this a joke thread? im a little confused. i realize abreau has sucked since the derby last year, but ive never heard of the derby actually messing with hitters before.


Seriously? It's been talked about ad naseum even during the homerun derby most of the time. And I believe one year I remember Griffey wasn't going to hit in it because it messed up his swing the years before that he had hit in it. But he ended up hitting and I think ended up winning it that year.

As for Bay, if it is the nations thing again I'm thinking Morneau would be our rep. He's tearing the cover off the ball.

Guys I don't want in it:

Morneau
Berkman
Hafner
Wells
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 819
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Roy Halladay Bandwagon

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact