Ethics issue - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ethics issue

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:42 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Relax, guys. :-°

CBM.......I applaud your efforts here and I agree with a lot of what you say in general about this topic but not about this specific deal. I will give you that it's a bad deal right now. It might even end up being a terrible deal when all is said and done. That said, it could actually end up being a decent deal. Personally, I expect solid 2nd halves from both Gomes and Escobar. If they both produce, depending on who the other guy had to drop, it could be decent. Would I have made this deal if I originally had Beltran?? No way. Do I feel that this deal should be vetoed?? No way. I only veto if there is collusion or if the trade is so bad that it will really negatively affect the league. I don't see how this specific deal accomplishes either of those criteria.[/u]

It would seem that someone with "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it" in their sig would be up for protecting inexperienced managers from making bad deals. And it’s spelled mustn’t

I don’t like the main focus of a league to be on initiating the best rip off trade you can find. Allowing dumb deals forces competitive managers to mirror this practice. It’s exhausting and usually requires use of dark side powers, which is not fun in the long run. I prefer my leagues to disallow dumb deals and to put more focus on draft skills, adds/drops, competitive trading , bench/play matchups, ect. Despite this I probably would not chose to veto the deal in question, unless it were a small sized league.
Last edited by Chrisy Moltisanti on Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Stepping aside for one moment, I just want to say that this topic has been broached and discussed ad nauseum about 5 different times since I've been visiting the cafe, and it ALWAYS gets very heated and sometimes personal.

Some people are jaded because their trades have been vetoed in the past, some are jaded because a bad trade in their league has perhaps cost them a fantasy title. Whatever the case may be, insults are unnecessary.

If I have insulted anyone, I sincerely apologize. Feel free to call me out if I do, because I deserve it. I took exception to the comment about assumptions (making a profanity out of everybody) and I don't feel unjustified in doing so. Some want to trivialize this point and try to win by thinking they're taking the high road, but that comment was definitely the low road.

I'm not saying I'm totally innocent, I almost certainly am not, but I'm not gonna spit or swear, and that comment toes the line of both of those.
Last edited by CBMGreatOne on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:01 pm

!+) Finding my center...
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:13 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Relax, guys. :-°

CBM.......I applaud your efforts here and I agree with a lot of what you say in general about this topic but not about this specific deal. I will give you that it's a bad deal right now. It might even end up being a terrible deal when all is said and done. That said, it could actually end up being a decent deal. Personally, I expect solid 2nd halves from both Gomes and Escobar. If they both produce, depending on who the other guy had to drop, it could be decent. Would I have made this deal if I originally had Beltran?? No way. Do I feel that this deal should be vetoed?? No way. I only veto if there is collusion or if the trade is so bad that it will really negatively affect the league. I don't see how this specific deal accomplishes either of those criteria.[/u]

It would seem that someone with "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it" in their sig would be up for protecting inexperienced managers from making bad deals. And It’s spelled mustn’t

I don’t like the main focus of a league to be on initiating the best rip off trade you can find. Allowing dumb deals forces competitive managers to mirror this practice. It’s exhausting and usually requires use of dark side powers, which is not fun in the long run. I prefer my leagues to disallow dumb deals and to put more focus on draft skills, adds/drops, competitive trading , bench/play matchups, ect. Despite this I probably would not chose to veto the deal in question, unless it were a small sized league.

Don't put a hit out on me but, if I want a grammar lesson, I'll ask for it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:It would seem that someone with "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one musn't misuse it" in their sig would be up for protecting inexperienced managers from making bad deals. And It’s spelled mustn’t

Don't put a hit out on me but, if I want a grammar lesson, I'll ask for it.

I quickly noticed this place values proper grammar and spelling. You seem to have been here a while and been active, thought you should know. If it's something you did on purpose and/or if you have an unorthodox belief on the meaning/spelling I'd like to hear about it. :-)
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Dude, "You know what they say about people who assume" is an asinine and high and mighty comment.

I'm not insulting anyone, but he is, and now you are.

Besides, do your honest feelings about the merits of this trade actually exclude adjectives like "nonsense?"

Seriously, do they?

Oh, and "Sorry you took it the wrong way." Hmm... what part of that isn't an apology? Aside from the sarcastic tone, he is using the word "sorry," so take your one man judicial system elsewhere.

This guy's priceless.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:43 pm

This guy's priceless.

And you continually contribute exactly NOTHING to this thread.

:-t

Do you have a point?
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:49 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
This guy's priceless.

And you continually contribute exactly NOTHING to this thread.

:-t

Do you have a point?

My point was made on page one. I just like seeing your avatar.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:51 pm

It's pretty easy to have a mancrush on Portis.

(That wasn't a challenge to your sexuality-mancrushes are nonsexual, I have one for Portis too)
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:55 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:It's pretty easy to have a mancrush on Portis.

(That wasn't a challenge to your sexuality-mancrushes are nonsexual, I have one for Portis too)

:-b That's funny, and true.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers