Ethics issue - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ethics issue

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bravelaker » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:59 am

Ok I keep hearing he needed pitching but escobar hasnt won in his last 7 or 8 tries, I cant honestly imagine anyone needing that and gomes is hurting. I applaud the commish for keeping his word but he should have stopped that trade cold. :-t
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:17 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:Bullflop. I wouldn't bother to call you out but for your last asinine comment.

Assumptions don't have to be made in this situation. You are merely earnestly asserting the best possible case scenario benefit of the doubt where it doesn't even apply. The person who made this trade KNOWS he fleeced the other dude. You can't rationalize team needs when the value is this different.

Don't bother with the high and mighty nonsense.

Relax dude... just voicing my opinion, and that last comment had a "chuckling" emoticon added to it for a reason, I was just adding a little levity. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I'll stand down if it's gonna hurt your feelings so much, no problem. :-°
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:07 pm

Relax dude... just voicing my opinion, and that last comment had a "chuckling" emoticon added to it for a reason, I was just adding a little levity. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I'll stand down if it's gonna hurt your feelings so much, no problem.

Umm, bullflop again, you can't make a comment like that one and then not expect to hear back.

Sorry if it's gonna hurt my feelings? That's a bunch of nonsense again. It was an inappropriate comment and I had to call you out. My feelings aren't hurt, and you aren't going to get anywhere with that backhanded apology.

I don't want an apology, but if you were going to give one, it shouldn't have been equally as patronizing as what you were apologizing for.

So again, don't bother with the high and mighty nonsense.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby noseeum » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:52 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Relax dude... just voicing my opinion, and that last comment had a "chuckling" emoticon added to it for a reason, I was just adding a little levity. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I'll stand down if it's gonna hurt your feelings so much, no problem.

Umm, bullflop again, you can't make a comment like that one and then not expect to hear back.

Sorry if it's gonna hurt my feelings? That's a bunch of nonsense again. It was an inappropriate comment and I had to call you out. My feelings aren't hurt, and you aren't going to get anywhere with that backhanded apology.

I don't want an apology, but if you were going to give one, it shouldn't have been equally as patronizing as what you were apologizing for.

The only person who seems all high and mighty in this thread is you. "I don't have to worry about this in my league... We're no nonsense.... I wouldn't even ACCEPT this deal... Asinine comment..."

Lighten up a little. He wasn't giving you an apology. He was telling you to relax. Try it out.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:01 pm

Dude, "You know what they say about people who assume" is an asinine and high and mighty comment.

I'm not insulting anyone, but he is, and now you are.

Besides, do your honest feelings about the merits of this trade actually exclude adjectives like "nonsense?"

Seriously, do they?

Oh, and "Sorry you took it the wrong way." Hmm... what part of that isn't an apology? Aside from the sarcastic tone, he is using the word "sorry," so take your one man judicial system elsewhere.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:11 pm

Relax, guys. :-°

CBM.......I applaud your efforts here and I agree with a lot of what you say in general about this topic but not about this specific deal. I will give you that it's a bad deal right now. It might even end up being a terrible deal when all is said and done. That said, it could actually end up being a decent deal. Personally, I expect solid 2nd halves from both Gomes and Escobar. If they both produce, depending on who the other guy had to drop, it could be decent. Would I have made this deal if I originally had Beltran?? No way. Do I feel that this deal should be vetoed?? No way. I only veto if there is collusion or if the trade is so bad that it will really negatively affect the league. I don't see how this specific deal accomplishes either of those criteria.[/u]
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:16 pm

Gomes does have some upside, I agree there, but Escobar to me seems like a guy that probably isn't any different from the top of the waiver wire pitching.

I respect your opinion on this specific deal though. You have to draw the line somewhere... for me, it's before this deal, for you I guess it's slightly after.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:06 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

I really wasn't going to get into this, but you're casting stones from your glass house. I'm here to tell you that voicing your opinions of other people's trades using terms like "childish" and "adult" is high and freakin' mighty. Your quote: "That's my philosophy. I think you'll find the more knowledgeable and experienced (perhaps adult even would be a good adjective) fantasy players will tend to share this sentiment." That's high and mighty.

How 'bout this one from you: "Whether you like my opinion or not, it's a selfless one. I'm not so sure you can say the same for many others." Nice high and mighty judgement of the opinions of people you don't even know. Another: "This is the kind of league I play in, absolutely no nonsense." La de da, o high and mighty one.

I make one comment in jest and get "called out" for being high and mighty. Well, look in the mirror and place your calls elsewhere, man.

OK, deep breaths, relaxing now... :-°
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Whatever interpretations you may have about my specific commentary, it was all academic and overt insults were omitted.

Yours was overtly condescending. Yeah, I have a lack of respect for the kind of league where people fleece newbies, that's my peroggative.

To insinuate that hidden assumptions are making an (insert naughty word here) of all of us... now that's borderline profane.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Good trades happen in good leagues and bad trades happen in bad ones. Overgeneralized, yes, but a trend that can be corroborated. So please... stop making this personal.

As for your assertions of me being "high and mighty," all of your above quotes are taken out of context... besides, the whole point that I'm trying to make is that a bad trade compromises the legitimacy of a league. A league that is illegitimate is not one I want to play in. If that's high and mighty, than I'm guilty as charged. I prefer to call it having high standards about the competitive fields to which I subscribe.

The assumptions comment is purely antagonistic and totally unnecessary.
Last edited by CBMGreatOne on Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:33 pm

No worries... I'm relaxing... have a nice day. B-)
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers