Kelvim Escobar coul be ready to break out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kelvim Escobar coul be ready to break out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kelvim Escobar coul be ready to break out?

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:22 pm

Just a little more offense or defense and this guy is a great FB option...

"Escobar (5-8, 3.54 ERA) allowed only two runs in seven innings Monday, but lost 2-1 to San Francisco. The Angels have scored just 15 runs during a seven-start winless streak for Escobar, who has given up two earned runs in each of his last four outings.

The Angels defense hasn't helped either, as Los Angeles has allowed nine unearned runs in Escobar's last seven games."

Same story withe evert ANgles SP... THis is a team that has the haradest thing to get, good pitching, and a lot of it... So unless the GM is an idiot, he can plug leaks.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:21 pm

Actually he should be 10-2 right now, and is due probably for a slight slump...just watched him load the bases and give up a single to the pitcher... :-P
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:25 pm

If he can stay healthy, the run support should come and he should be a solid #3-4 on a fantasy pitching staff.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:04 pm

he sucks badly today

:-t
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GregJeffries » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Yikes! 8 earned runs today!! He looked REALLY wild today.
GregJeffries
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:54 pm

more like ready to break down... :-P
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Big Train » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:31 pm

While the defence behind him has obviously been mediocre, I can't help but think that Escobar has been a bit lucky as well. He simply hasn't been able to slam the door a crucial times. When he gave up 8 runs, but only 2 earned, against Cleveland a few weeks ago, he wasn't able to help himself after the first error by yielding a hit and 2 walks all of which ended up scoring. His k/9 ratio is lower than his career average: 6.67k/9 this year vs. 8.01 career, and he is giving up a bit more in terms of hits/inning than his career average. No doubt he deserves a better record, but he doesn't appear to have really overpowering stuff this year given his repertoire of pitches. Johnsamo has probably seen him pitch more than I have this year, but that's my impression.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:42 pm

Every pitcher has bad games, today was one....I'm not saying he's Santana, but he's had a lot of great to good games, and he's been snakebit on almost all of those. All I'm saying is, if the Angels pick it up offensively and just field decently, I think he could be a cheap pickup because his win total could sky rocket with some support...

Same story with Lackey too... The angels SPs have all been better than their win loss records, with the exception of Jered, who was (a) really good and (b) the defense wasn't quite as sucky in his starts.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Young 8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:15 pm

johnsamo wrote:Every pitcher has bad games, today was one....I'm not saying he's Santana, but he's had a lot of great to good games, and he's been snakebit on almost all of those. All I'm saying is, if the Angels pick it up offensively and just field decently, I think he could be a cheap pickup because his win total could sky rocket with some support...

Same story with Lackey too... The angels SPs have all been better than their win loss records, with the exception of Jered, who was (a) really good and (b) the defense wasn't quite as sucky in his starts.

bad games ??

are you serious ??

9 in a row ???
Last edited by Young 8 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Philliebuster » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:16 pm

From a Mets fan, I really think the Angels should turn it around with Colon, Lackey, Santana, Escobar, and Weaver as the SP's. Not many teams have a top 5 that can beat this. Solid RP's as well, just have to score some more runs. ;-D
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates