19%
Medium-Well
32%
Burnt to a Crisp
5%

Total votes : 63

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:19 am

knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html

Heck, there's one just four hours away in Kansas City.

But here's the deal - I just made steaks Saturday. I roasted diced squash, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onion, baked some potatoes, baked some bread and grilled ribeyes. I served it with an appetizer of roma slices, basil leaf and fresh mozzarella on sourdough (bought at the market) and drizzled with olive oil and a touch of kosher salt. I served it with two bottles of Chateau Musset Chevalier (2001).

Now, if that's my Saturday meal for me and five of our friends, what's in it for me to go to this restaurant?

Your Sat night dinner sounds great. (You seemed to leave out the ketchup part, lol) What, no dessert?!
Some people aren't capable of or don't have the time to put that kind of meal on the table. It's the main reason why I'm still in business.

I wouldn't drive 4 hours just to get a steak dinner, even at Ruth's Chris. Needless to say you probably saved a few hundred dollars too.

Still, if you want to spoil yourself or want to impress a date I reccomend RC. If you're on vacation somewhere and want a great meal with kiss ass service it's a thumbs up.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:30 am

Fireball Express wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

But here's the deal - I just made steaks Saturday. I roasted diced squash, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onion, baked some potatoes, baked some bread and grilled ribeyes. I served it with an appetizer of roma slices, basil leaf and fresh mozzarella on sourdough (bought at the market) and drizzled with olive oil and a touch of kosher salt. I served it with two bottles of Chateau Musset Chevalier (2001).

Now, if that's my Saturday meal for me and five of our friends, what's in it for me to go to this restaurant?

Your Sat night dinner sounds great. (You seemed to leave out the ketchup part, lol) What, no dessert?!
Some people aren't capable of or don't have the time to put that kind of meal on the table. It's the main reason why I'm still in business.

I wouldn't drive 4 hours just to get a steak dinner, even at Ruth's Chris. Needless to say you probably saved a few hundred dollars too.

Still, if you want to spoil yourself or want to impress a date I reccomend RC. If you're on vacation somewhere and want a great meal with kiss ass service it's a thumbs up.

No, no dessert. We had a miscommunication on who was responsible for dessert, so we ended up with none.

But the rest was quite good, and since it was me, the wife and five other women, they were all so stuffed they couldn't eat dessert.

I would have gone for gelatto, but nobody else could eat another bite. I have a policy of nobody leaving the table hungry.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:55 am

knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
knapplc wrote:

No, no dessert. We had a miscommunication on who was responsible for dessert, so we ended up with none.

But the rest was quite good, and since it was me, the wife and five other women, they were all so stuffed they couldn't eat dessert.

I would have gone for gelatto, but nobody else could eat another bite. I have a policy of nobody leaving the table hungry.

Now I'm jealous. :-b
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:18 am

Hmm.. Garden City. Not too far from there but I've never heard of the place either.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:

Hmm.. Garden City. Not too far from there but I've never heard of the place either.

Ruth's Chris is the bomb...but damn pricey. probably looking at a $150-$200 dinner for two if you get drinks/appetizers
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:03 pm

Interestingly, I was at the Boca Raton Ruth's Chris about a year ago.

Hmm, sizzling, buttery steak.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:44 pm

There is a Ruth's Chris in Cancun but I never bucked up. Doesn't Peter Luger have a steak sauce that they sell in the supermarket.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Bad Moon » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:45 pm

I like Medium Rare best but will take steak any way I get it, from crisp to mooing. And I'll like it!!

That dinner with the diced veggies and mozzeralla salad makes my mouth water. We have a little market up the street that sells prime beef. It is kind of pricey but worth it for a change once in a while. Love to cook up some grilled mushrooms with it. And mozzarella salad of course.

I've never been to Peter Luger but I have tried their steak sauce from the store. It was not good. Ended up throwing most of it away.
Bad Moon
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:32 pm

Knapp, would you eat ketchup on a cheese-steak too? :-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Knapp, would you eat ketchup on a cheese-steak too? :-D

I don't know - I've never had a cheese steak.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk