How do you eat your steak? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How do you eat your steak?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do you order your steak?

Bloody as Hell
2
3%
Medium-Rare
26
41%
Medium
12
19%
Medium-Well
20
32%
Burnt to a Crisp
3
5%
 
Total votes : 63

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:19 am

knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html


Heck, there's one just four hours away in Kansas City.

But here's the deal - I just made steaks Saturday. I roasted diced squash, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onion, baked some potatoes, baked some bread and grilled ribeyes. I served it with an appetizer of roma slices, basil leaf and fresh mozzarella on sourdough (bought at the market) and drizzled with olive oil and a touch of kosher salt. I served it with two bottles of Chateau Musset Chevalier (2001).


Now, if that's my Saturday meal for me and five of our friends, what's in it for me to go to this restaurant?


Your Sat night dinner sounds great. (You seemed to leave out the ketchup part, lol) What, no dessert?!
Some people aren't capable of or don't have the time to put that kind of meal on the table. It's the main reason why I'm still in business.


I wouldn't drive 4 hours just to get a steak dinner, even at Ruth's Chris. Needless to say you probably saved a few hundred dollars too.

Still, if you want to spoil yourself or want to impress a date I reccomend RC. If you're on vacation somewhere and want a great meal with kiss ass service it's a thumbs up.
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:30 am

Fireball Express wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html


Heck, there's one just four hours away in Kansas City.

But here's the deal - I just made steaks Saturday. I roasted diced squash, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onion, baked some potatoes, baked some bread and grilled ribeyes. I served it with an appetizer of roma slices, basil leaf and fresh mozzarella on sourdough (bought at the market) and drizzled with olive oil and a touch of kosher salt. I served it with two bottles of Chateau Musset Chevalier (2001).


Now, if that's my Saturday meal for me and five of our friends, what's in it for me to go to this restaurant?


Your Sat night dinner sounds great. (You seemed to leave out the ketchup part, lol) What, no dessert?!
Some people aren't capable of or don't have the time to put that kind of meal on the table. It's the main reason why I'm still in business.


I wouldn't drive 4 hours just to get a steak dinner, even at Ruth's Chris. Needless to say you probably saved a few hundred dollars too.

Still, if you want to spoil yourself or want to impress a date I reccomend RC. If you're on vacation somewhere and want a great meal with kiss ass service it's a thumbs up.


No, no dessert. We had a miscommunication on who was responsible for dessert, so we ended up with none.

But the rest was quite good, and since it was me, the wife and five other women, they were all so stuffed they couldn't eat dessert.

I would have gone for gelatto, but nobody else could eat another bite. I have a policy of nobody leaving the table hungry.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:55 am

knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html


Heck, there's one just four hours away in Kansas City.

But here's the deal - I just made steaks Saturday. I roasted diced squash, zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onion, baked some potatoes, baked some bread and grilled ribeyes. I served it with an appetizer of roma slices, basil leaf and fresh mozzarella on sourdough (bought at the market) and drizzled with olive oil and a touch of kosher salt. I served it with two bottles of Chateau Musset Chevalier (2001).


Now, if that's my Saturday meal for me and five of our friends, what's in it for me to go to this restaurant?


Your Sat night dinner sounds great. (You seemed to leave out the ketchup part, lol) What, no dessert?!
Some people aren't capable of or don't have the time to put that kind of meal on the table. It's the main reason why I'm still in business.


I wouldn't drive 4 hours just to get a steak dinner, even at Ruth's Chris. Needless to say you probably saved a few hundred dollars too.

Still, if you want to spoil yourself or want to impress a date I reccomend RC. If you're on vacation somewhere and want a great meal with kiss ass service it's a thumbs up.


No, no dessert. We had a miscommunication on who was responsible for dessert, so we ended up with none.

But the rest was quite good, and since it was me, the wife and five other women, they were all so stuffed they couldn't eat dessert.

I would have gone for gelatto, but nobody else could eat another bite. I have a policy of nobody leaving the table hungry.


Now I'm jealous. :-b
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:18 am

Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html


Hmm.. Garden City. Not too far from there but I've never heard of the place either.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6696
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Here, I did a little research for you. I didn't know tehre were so many Ruth's Chris around the States. Just none in Nebraska.

http://www.ruthschris.com/locations/locations.html


Hmm.. Garden City. Not too far from there but I've never heard of the place either.


Ruth's Chris is the bomb...but damn pricey. probably looking at a $150-$200 dinner for two if you get drinks/appetizers
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:03 pm

Interestingly, I was at the Boca Raton Ruth's Chris about a year ago.

Hmm, sizzling, buttery steak.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:44 pm

There is a Ruth's Chris in Cancun but I never bucked up. Doesn't Peter Luger have a steak sauce that they sell in the supermarket.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Bad Moon » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:45 pm

I like Medium Rare best but will take steak any way I get it, from crisp to mooing. And I'll like it!!

That dinner with the diced veggies and mozzeralla salad makes my mouth water. We have a little market up the street that sells prime beef. It is kind of pricey but worth it for a change once in a while. Love to cook up some grilled mushrooms with it. And mozzarella salad of course.

I've never been to Peter Luger but I have tried their steak sauce from the store. It was not good. Ended up throwing most of it away.
Bad Moon
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:32 pm

Knapp, would you eat ketchup on a cheese-steak too? :-D
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Knapp, would you eat ketchup on a cheese-steak too? :-D


I don't know - I've never had a cheese steak.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact