NFL Head Coach - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

NFL Head Coach

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NFL Head Coach

Postby CadensDad » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:45 am

Almost picked it up at K-Mart but my gut (And my wife) said no! I rented it instead and for once I'm glad I listened to the wife. I played for 35 minutes before I finally made it to the NFL draft. Then I couldn't figure out who was who in it. I played after 20 minutes and made it to the spring training. I finally "simmed" through everything trying to get to the gameplay. I finally make it and you cant play the games. Just call play's. Then you watch as your quarterback (Peyton Manning) stands in the pocket and just gets hit. Very dissapointed in this game.

Any others played it yet?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:15 am

wow.. havent played it.. but sounds pathetic
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Heard about this a while ago. Sounds like franchise mode plus coach mode minus everything else from Madden.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:33 pm

This looks terrible...good thing you didn't buy it ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:05 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Heard about this a while ago. Sounds like franchise mode plus coach mode minus everything else from Madden.

You called it pretty much what it is. It's EXTREME franchise and EXTREME coach mode. You ahve to wait for each screen to load and 2/3 of the time you spend are just sitting in your office and it's called "office time" nothing happens you just sit there and can look at stats on the computer. You go to your office 2-4 times a day. I actually took it back and swapped it for another game.

This NFL Head Coach is only for people with ALOT of free time who dont like "playing" the game. I sometimes dont mind simming a game or two, but I'd much rather play the game and move my team up in the rankings. This game is rather lame.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:15 pm

CadensDad wrote:I'd much rather play the game and move my team up in the rankings. This game is rather lame.

I'm with you on that. I thought the Owners Box was a cool addition, and the Superstar mode last year has potential. But I wouldn't want to do those the whole time and not play. They're good in limited quantities.

Actually, I think the idea had potential as a side game of Madden. Maybe if it was like $20 or something, but a $40 price tag destroys any chance of that too.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Sounds very boring, glad I wasn't planning on getting it.

On a good note the new NCAA Football game comes out soon.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:11 am

avsfan4ever33 wrote:Sounds very boring, glad I wasn't planning on getting it.

On a good note the new NCAA Football game comes out soon.

I actually took Head coach up to the cash register and the owner of EB Games told me to put it back because it sucks. Glad I listened to him. I'm one who actually likes to start franchises and just sim all the games and make important roster decisions, but every now and then I like to play with the team I built. This game sounds lame.

I can not wait for ncaa..Should be awesome. I like what I see from the screen shots.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Porehussla12 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:43 pm

From the preview they had for the game, it seemed pretty interesting. I was planning on buying it, but after I actually went to Gamestop and looked at it, I realized you watched the game and didn't play it.
Porehussla12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:19 pm

I'm on the fence with this game right now. Part of me likes it. Part of me despises it. I do think the series has a lot of potential but they did miss the mark with the first edition. Keep in mind that this game is intended for sports sim fans. For sim fans there has never been a good football sim and this game at least gives us a little hope that there will be one eventually. If sims are not your cup of tea then stay far away.

The actual in-game play, playmaking, stratgey, etc. is pretty well done. The problem which someone mentioned above is that this game is incredibly bogged down when you're doing all the office tasks. You can sim through this stuff but the simming doesn't work all that well and it definitely needs more options so you can fine tune it. What really kills the game IMO is on top of the bogged down non-game tasks the interface is brutal. So not only do you have to drudge to countless mindless tasks you are going to end up fighting with mouse/controller to do it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games