Alright Guys, a little help? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Alright Guys, a little help?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:17 pm

The first time I read youer post I thought it said you'd be dating her in September and for the next 4 years most likely and I thought "Wow, what a way to set yourself up for being whipped if I've ever seen one?" but then I re-read and realized you just meant seeing her and not dating her.

Anywaysm, back to the whole point, I think there are 2 things you need to know, and if you follow them you should be n the driver's seat from here on out:

1. You are drastically over-analyzing. I did the same when I was in high school and all it does is make you feel less confident, stir up drama, and make you question every move you make. Moves you make and things you say are who you are, if she likes you she'll like them, if you start doing things out of the ordinary she will see through it within a week (my girlfriend still brings up how I tried to be diffeent when we first started dating to impress her and laughs).

2. She likes you man, thats all that matters. Whether you take her to an expensive French restaurant or the park makes no difference to her (unless shes really materialistic and if thats the case then hurry up and get her clothes off because you need to break up with her after that). She likes being with you, and no matter what you come up with she'll enjoy. That being said I think it would be really nice to drive up to your future campus for a couple of hours, visit some stores, look around, have some nice dinner at some restaurant you plan on going to a lot next year, etc. It will give the both of you a lot to talk about, and that is usually the hardest thing to find the first couple of dates before you get "used to" being boyfriend and girlfriend.

Best of Luck man, -ZIG

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Do you guys realize Santa Clara is like a 6 hour drive from where I am? I'm not positive on the exact time, but it isn't something I could pull off spontaneously.

Yeah, I always feel like I'm overanalyzing... I'll just go with my gut feeling. If I feel like I want to hang out with her tomorrow, I'll call her and ask her... if I don't, then I'll wait til I come back from the desert.

Zito, if I really was planning on dating her for the next four years... I'd want you to slap me silly until you felt like I got the picture.

BTW, thanks guys.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Zito is God » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:46 pm

Zito, if I really was planning on dating her for the next four years... I'd want you to slap me silly until you felt like I got the picture.

Haha, theres nothing wrong with thinking a girl is great or being in love. Its just that I am a realist, and realistically the chances that you will end up with your high school girlfriend are not in your favor, even if you want them to be. I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half now and everytime she gets all puppy eyes and asks "Do you think we'll get married?" I always say something like "Oh Francouer hit a homerun!" cause I don't wannna get into it. Thats a question that is lose-lose for guys. If you say yes you're lying and setting yourself up for a wierd future of dating her, if you say no...well, just don't say no, you'll regret it. :-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:56 pm

so0perspam wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
HiddenIdentity wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Don't analyze so much. Do you feel like now would be appropriate, given the type of girl she is? Or do you think she'd rather you wait? If so, how long? These are gut instinct choices that should be made, IMO, and it varies chica to chica. I could tell you call her now, because that's what worked with my fiance, and you could do it and she could be totall turned off and go have a 3 way with Maori Tribesmen; or it could work like a charm. A general concensus isn't going to help either -- as that won't change the way she works fundamentally, either. So, you've spent some time with her, have known her a long time, feel relatively comfortable with her, etc. etc. What's stopping you? DON'T stress -- she'll smell it like a dog smells fear. Just relax, be natural, be calm, and as always ... use protection. ;-)

Zoolander?

Tell him what he's won. :-D

A 3-way with Maori Tribesmen. O:-)

You're confusing my prize with your fantasy. :-D

I'll settle for a cookie. ;-D
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby RyanK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:12 pm

what you shouldve done is have her over tonight if your both tired and just relaxed and let her take a nap on you while you hold her and watch tv
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:26 am

RyanK wrote:what you shouldve done is have her over tonight if your both tired and just relaxed and let her take a nap on you while you hold her and watch tv

lol what a sap....i agree with all these guys...just do whatever YOU want to. if you want to see her before you leave, do it, if you want to wait and give things some time, do that. i think calling while you are away is a GREAT idea. this shows her that you are thinking about her even when shes not around, which will always score you some brownie points. i also like the idea of something a little more intimate where you can actually discuss a few things with her (or just let things happen ;-) ). either way, good luck and dont worry about what SHE thinks. if you want to be with her long-term you'll realize that shes going to like you (if she if she wants) regardless! ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk