Clemens on the juice? (speculative article) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Clemens on the juice? (speculative article)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby duckmonkey » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:57 am

acsguitar wrote:I agree Clemens body would have fallen apart if he was juicing. he's just a corn fed texan

An athlete who juices won't make it to age 43 and be able to play.

Bonds started juicing later in his career, but look how his body has degraded in the last 8 years. He can't run or even play every day. He SHOULD have signed with Oakland as a DH to save his career and since the Bay Area is the only place that likes him. He won't last much longer in the NL.

Clemens can keep playing a few more years if he wants. He COULD finish up with a Nolan Ryan-like career minus all of the no-hitters.

The Astros won't be winning a pennant this year, so he might come back again, or sign somewhere else like NY to end his career with another ring.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 pm

duckmonkey wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I agree Clemens body would have fallen apart if he was juicing. he's just a corn fed texan

An athlete who juices won't make it to age 43 and be able to play.

Are you serious? If anything taking steroids throughout your career would help keep you playing, especially if you are a pitcher that has a structured schedule like Clemens. These things can prolong careers. And don't cite Bonds as an example of the injuries you can get from taking steroids, he's got terrible knees. He's been such a great player for so long (stealing bases, hitting homeruns, playing great D), you can just imagine all the wear and tear on those knees of his after 20 years. Working out for so long and hard, while keeping in peak physical shape, can also do that to a person as they get older. It's as simple as that.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby krunchyfrogg » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:40 pm

Geek wrote:It's also not like Clemens had a sudden spike in his velocity, which has gradually declined. It's his command that has kept him around, and it's not like there's a drug for that.
I always read that the biggest advantage of steriods is the accelerated muscle recovery, something that a 43 year old pitcher sure could use.

We've seen the 'roid rage out of Clemens, that's for sure.

I though it was the bat.
Looking forward to back to back championships in 2011!
krunchyfrogg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk