Clemens on the juice? (speculative article) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Clemens on the juice? (speculative article)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clemens on the juice? (speculative article)

Postby krunchyfrogg » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:25 pm

Roger Clemens was given a 50 game suspension for steroids. Many interested parties thought it would be best if that information was not released publicly for obvious reasons (P.R. already has their hands full with Barry Bonds.) He says he will decide in three weeks, but his agent says he could decide in 10 days (that’s when Astros have played their 50th game). You’ll see him in the Cardinals series

LINK
krunchyfrogg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Clemens on the juice? (speculative article)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:35 pm

krunchyfrogg wrote:
Roger Clemens was given a 50 game suspension for steroids. Many interested parties thought it would be best if that information was not released publicly for obvious reasons (P.R. already has their hands full with Barry Bonds.) He says he will decide in three weeks, but his agent says he could decide in 10 days (that’s when Astros have played their 50th game). You’ll see him in the Cardinals series

LINK

yea that's probably as weak a source as you can have, but in all fairness it is saying it's all speculation.

i could see bud selig pulling somthing like this. i mean clemens being busted for steriods would be amazingly damaging to baseball.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:38 pm

This has been out there for awhile, ever since Clemens signed with the Astros about 50 days into the season.

I've always figured Clemens took steroids during his career, but who knows about this theory...I mean didn't he just pitch in the WBC?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bleach168 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:18 pm

Doesn't Clemens have to serve his suspension while on an active roster? He wasn't on any roster so I'm thinking he wasn't suspended.

Also, I believe that it is written in the rules that all players suspended for steroids must have the name aired in public.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:18 pm

Are any dominant players above suspicion? Not really, not high profile ones anyway. Pujols ducked it up until this year, but he seem squeaky clean. A-Rod is the most high profile player I can think of who seems completely above suspicion.

This isn't really new.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:30 am

one of the most convincing articles ive heard against this was that international competition has MUCH strictly drug testing policies, so the fact he was eligible to play in the WBC this season makes me feel like he didnt test postive any time recently, or if at all.

:-t to steroid speculation. if they took them, let them admit it themselves or test positive. other than that, i dont wanna hear it!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 am

Snakes Gould wrote: :-t to steroid speculation. if they took them, let them admit it themselves or test positive. other than that, i dont wanna hear it!

Exactly. :-°
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby duckmonkey » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:33 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:one of the most convincing articles ive heard against this was that international competition has MUCH strictly drug testing policies, so the fact he was eligible to play in the WBC this season makes me feel like he didnt test postive any time recently, or if at all.

EXACTLY! That's why Bonds pulled out.

Also, if Roger had used juice, his body would be breaking down at age 43. Look at guys we've known to take roids and the effects on their bodies which are now falling apart...Bonds, McGuire, even Giambi can't stay healthy. Roger is healthier than ever. He's just a hard worker.
duckmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Geek » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:36 pm

It's also not like Clemens had a sudden spike in his velocity, which has gradually declined. It's his command that has kept him around, and it's not like there's a drug for that.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:22 pm

I agree Clemens body would have fallen apart if he was juicing. he's just a corn fed texan
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk