Josh Hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Josh Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh Hamilton

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:17 am

Josh Hamilton is still waiting to hear from MLB regarding whether or not he will be reinstated from his two-year suspension.
"I think they should let him know what's going on one way or another," Rocco Baldelli said. "It's tough when you let someone hang a little bit and wait for something that might not be coming. I'm not one to judge what's going on in the situation, but either let the guy play or tell him no." Jun. 24 - 10:54 am et
Source: St Petersburg Times

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/07/Rays/ ... in_l.shtml

I would like to see this guy get his life together and be what he could be on the field. He's still quite young and could have a bright future still.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:24 am

should of sold his rookie card when it was still worth $40 :-P
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tomkatt » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:should of sold his rookie card when it was still worth $40 :-P

;-D
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Its funny that they won't let him play for non performance enhancing drugs and people like bonds, giambi, sheffield, etc... make the all start game
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby hybrid » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:06 pm

He's been waiting around for the last 3/4 years, a few more days or weeks won't kill him. I'm frankly just sick of the kid, I wish him the best, but he has already had enough chances.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Playoffbound » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:17 pm

hybrid wrote:He's been waiting around for the last 3/4 years, a few more days or weeks won't kill him. I'm frankly just sick of the kid, I wish him the best, but he has already had enough chances.

Not to get too philosophical here, but who are we to say how many chances are person deserves? Baseball may be the tool that can help him turn his life around, let's hope he gets it together, it is a shame
Playoffbound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:12 pm

Playoffbound wrote:
hybrid wrote:He's been waiting around for the last 3/4 years, a few more days or weeks won't kill him. I'm frankly just sick of the kid, I wish him the best, but he has already had enough chances.

Not to get too philosophical here, but who are we to say how many chances are person deserves? Baseball may be the tool that can help him turn his life around, let's hope he gets it together, it is a shame

The guy has been in and out of drugs for the last 3 or 4 years. The team continued to try and help him yet he threw it away every single time. You can never have to many chances in life, but yes when it comes to certain things ... I do think there is a limit to how many times you can screw over the team and yourself in the process. I'm sure some people will believe it is limitless, but IMO there isn't. I don't see the point in letting people screw around with their lives for 4 years and then let him come back like everything is ok. Would any type of company do the same outside of baseball, I would find it hard to believe so. If he is clean great, but I've heard this tune 2 or 3 times before, only to see him not be strong enough and fall under addiction again.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MrE » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:22 pm

Sure they would, if he had the talent to do the job, somone out there is going to give him a chance and try to help him with his problems.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah, Daryl Strawberry & Steve Howe never got 10+ chances...wait...:-?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby hybrid » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:34 pm

MrE wrote:Sure they would, if he had the talent to do the job, somone out there is going to give him a chance and try to help him with his problems.

Ok well then get me a story of someone who has screwed over a company with drugs for 3-4 years and then they take him back.

Havok1517 wrote:Yeah, Daryl Strawberry & Steve Howe never got 10+ chances...wait...:-?

Yeah I never said baseball didn't do it. Strawberry never deserved another chance, and baseball like it is gave him one.
Last edited by hybrid on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers