How FB alters your loyalties - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How FB alters your loyalties

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dabeave27 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:23 pm

30 posts or a 1000 posts, if you are at a ballgame with your friends and say, "Well, I'm actually rooting for Pedro tonite instead of the Braves because Pedro is on my fantasy team", if they are real friends, they'll call you a douche bag, pour beer on you, strike you with miniature wooden bats, and leave you for dead.

If they're real friends.
dabeave27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jh2031 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:27 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:Only if your fantasy team is a money league (ie: you win money for being the top 3 or whatever). That's the only time you put your fantasy team in front of your real team.

Bingo. That's one reason I'll root for my fantasy team over my home team sometimes.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:28 pm

mak1277 wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:no offense.. but the people who are saying they root for there real life teams over fantasy players are the guys with 30 posts.. maybe once you get a bit more involved in the cafe your opinion will change..

I disagree completely. 900+ posts too, so I would say I'm pretty into fantasy (as long as that's your measure).

My favorite team's the Pirates. They aren't good, and have no playoff aspirations. That said, I'm still rooting for them over my fantasy team every single night. Maybe if you don't have a team that you really love, I could see picking your fantasy team first....but if you have a team you've followed since you were a kid you have to root for them over your fantasy team.

100% agree.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:yea i'd guess most of us play for some money...

when over $1000 is on the line, yea your FB team comes first O:-)

dude youre a dogers fan. of course you dont care about your team. LA, second biggest market in the country and they cant hold a NFL team, awful fans.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ds209 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:47 pm

30 posts or a 1000 posts, if you are at a ballgame with your friends and say, "Well, I'm actually rooting for Pedro tonite instead of the Braves because Pedro is on my fantasy team", if they are real friends, they'll call you a douche bag, pour beer on you, strike you with miniature wooden bats, and leave you for dead.

If they're real friends.

This kind of stuff goes on in my money league. We all know each other and are all Cards fans. There is only one person in our league who roots against the Cardinals for fantasy... and he gets ripped on every single day. He has also been known to have several Cubs players on his team every year... you can only imagine what he has to go through.
ds209
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers