How FB alters your loyalties - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How FB alters your loyalties

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pangbones » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:33 am

I always root for the Indians!! But when one of my SP's is playing them, I hope for my pitcher to get the win. Its a win win really in a way. If my team loses, at least it was to my SP. I guess what I'm saying is I don't get all pissed when Johan shut the Indians out. Otherwise, I just hope my guys do well, and the Tribe do well also.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:20 am

You always have this fantasy scenario that you've got your FB 2b playing against you're favorite team... You hope he goes 4 for 4, all four homers, but your favorite team goes on an even bigger hitting streak and your FB closer on your favorite team gets the save... just as long as the starting pircher isn't on your FB team.... never happens, but you'll find yourself in those scenarios.

The trickiest ones are like for me tonight. The Angels are ahead late by 3, perfect setup to grab a FB hold and FB save from SHields and K-Rod, and then the Angels blow it out and score a lot of runs so Shields and K-Rod don't even have to pitch. In one sense you're happy, the Angels need all the wins they can get right now, but did they have to win by so much?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johntudor » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:06 am

You can root for your hometown team in the postseason (hopefully)! The regular season's all about fantasy...
johntudor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tomdoyle3 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:27 am

johnsamo wrote:You always have this fantasy scenario that you've got your FB 2b playing against you're favorite team... You hope he goes 4 for 4, all four homers, but your favorite team goes on an even bigger hitting streak and your FB closer on your favorite team gets the save... just as long as the starting pircher isn't on your FB team.... never happens, but you'll find yourself in those scenarios.

Exactly. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mak1277 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:44 am

activechamp2006 wrote:no offense.. but the people who are saying they root for there real life teams over fantasy players are the guys with 30 posts.. maybe once you get a bit more involved in the cafe your opinion will change..

I disagree completely. 900+ posts too, so I would say I'm pretty into fantasy (as long as that's your measure).

My favorite team's the Pirates. They aren't good, and have no playoff aspirations. That said, I'm still rooting for them over my fantasy team every single night. Maybe if you don't have a team that you really love, I could see picking your fantasy team first....but if you have a team you've followed since you were a kid you have to root for them over your fantasy team.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jh2031 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:12 am

I love the Pirates. I'll root for them till the end. But if they're going up against my pitcher (Carpenter), I hope Carpenter strikes out 13 and gets the win. :-b
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RASportsnut » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:37 am

FB really takes over, doesn't it?

The other night, I actually cheered when Zimmerman (my Util player) hit a walk-off 2 run homer off my Yankees.

Never thought I'd do that!
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cordscords » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:11 pm

Funny Story:

My team was in a HR drought last year, and I had Estrada playing against the Astros. I'm watching live and Estrada goes deep. I jump off the couch and do some dancing (I REALLY needed that HR) and then realized that he just went deep against my team. So I sit back down and take back my dance, instead changing my celebration to a small fist pump.

Just thought I'd share that :-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:12 pm

Only if your fantasy team is a money league (ie: you win money for being the top 3 or whatever). That's the only time you put your fantasy team in front of your real team.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:19 pm

yea i'd guess most of us play for some money...

when over $1000 is on the line, yea your FB team comes first O:-)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers