How FB alters your loyalties - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How FB alters your loyalties

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How FB alters your loyalties

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:04 am

I always want the Angels to win in the real world, but I get pissed when the blow it out late because their costing me Shield's hold and K-Rod's save.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:27 am

thats not altering your loyalities at all, thats actually doubling them...not if you got happy that your OPPONENT had shields and he blew it so you didnt care the angels lost, THAT would be altering your loyalty. thats the way i look at it anyway.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:42 am

it should be your fantasy team first, then your hometown/fav. team
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:46 am

Yeah well I have found myself rooting for a Yanks 1-0 win sometimes when one of my SPs is going up against them. Or hoping for 7 good innings and then the Yanks get to the bullpen guys.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dabeave27 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:58 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:it should be your fantasy team first, then your hometown/fav. team

No way. A true fan always puts his team in front of his fantasy squad.

Example: I own Oswalt and love the Braves. I start Oswalt against the Braves and hope for a 1-0 Braves win.

I mean, come on, you can't be a true fan if you put your fantasy players over your hometown team. For me, it's the Braves or PrinceFieldersHoggie. I choose the Braves.
dabeave27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cordscords » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:18 am

I know the Astros arent going to go 162-0. I'll root for my starter to get the win, and then the Astros can tee off on everybody else :-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby dabeave27 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:24 am

cordscords wrote:I know the Astros arent going to go 162-0. I'll root for my starter to get the win, and then the Astros can tee off on everybody else :-D

I see your point, but lots of times it comes down to one or two games at the end of the regular season, and I'd feel like a real traitor if I had been rooting for my starters over the Braves.

"For shame....................." -Abe Simpson
dabeave27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ds209 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 am

Under no circumstances will I root for my pitchers/hitters over my favorite team, the Cardinals. I feel like if you are loyal to your team, you will never root against them for fantasy. But I do find myself more mad when Scott Rolen screws up because I own him, more so than I would be with any other player on the Cardinals.
ds209
College Coach
College Coach

Postby activechamp2006 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:06 am

ds209 wrote:Under no circumstances will I root for my pitchers/hitters over my favorite team, the Cardinals. I feel like if you are loyal to your team, you will never root against them for fantasy. But I do find myself more mad when Scott Rolen screws up because I own him, more so than I would be with any other player on the Cardinals.

no offense.. but the people who are saying they root for there real life teams over fantasy players are the guys with 30 posts.. maybe once you get a bit more involved in the cafe your opinion will change..
but i sometimes find myself rooting against the angels every once in a while when my guys are pitching, and im a hardcoar fan.. but i agree with a previous post, they arnt going to win every game during the season.. but another reason why i try and get a few angels on my team ;-D so i can still root for them and itll help my fantasy! ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ds209 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 am

I'll admit that I'm not the most intense fantasy player around. But I do enjoy playing fantasy baseball and I am never comfortable rooting for fantasy over my favorite team. I guess I just dont think you can be a true fan if you are rooting against your own team.

Another thing i really hate is when your opponent has your team's star player... Its brutal playing Pujols when hes homering every night
ds209
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers