Papelbon = NON Factor this week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Papelbon = NON Factor this week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:26 pm

rainman23 wrote:I'd be pissed too. You're not getting your money's worth from Papelbon.

Okay. Seriously, are you kidding? There's probably 0.01% of the fantasy baseball players who ACTUALLY drafted Papelbon in a FULLSEASON league. Everyone picked him up off waivers. If you drop Papelbon, someone's going to pick him up. Now, there was a 5 day break for Papelbon from May 5-May 10th of this year. AND a 6 day break from June2-June8th. Give him a break. He didn't close against Washington because he had already closed three consecutive times against the Braves. Plus, he's a rookie, you don't kill a rookie's arm, esp. if he could become a start next season.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:30 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:
rainman23 wrote:I'd be pissed too. You're not getting your money's worth from Papelbon.

Okay. Seriously, are you kidding? There's probably 0.01% of the fantasy baseball players who ACTUALLY drafted Papelbon in a FULLSEASON league. Everyone picked him up off waivers. If you drop Papelbon, someone's going to pick him up. Now, there was a 5 day break for Papelbon from May 5-May 10th of this year. AND a 6 day break from June2-June8th. Give him a break. He didn't close against Washington because he had already closed three consecutive times against the Braves. Plus, he's a rookie, you don't kill a rookie's arm, esp. if he could become a start next season.

It was obviously sarcasm, RSN.

I'M not getting my money's worth with Papelbon, since I don't have him in any leagues. :~(
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby rainman23 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:35 pm

DK wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:

It was obviously sarcasm, RSN.

I'M not getting my money's worth with Papelbon, since I don't have him in any leagues. :~(

Yeah. Guess I better use more of these 8-o :-[ :-P ;-D :-B O:-) for the sarcasm-impaired.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:05 pm

I'd trade him cause when closers don't get a save one week it usually means they'll retire the next.

I feel your pain though as I own him in a points league
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Papelbon = NON Factor this week?

Postby tianyi86 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:20 pm

kemper5 wrote:Couple of days.. No, he has not pitched since last weekend (5 days) 8-o

Ya, theres a rumor that the red sox is shutting him down bc hes a rookie, go drop him pls.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:25 pm

Despite being a Sox fan, I see him averaging a 6 or 7 saves for the rest of the season. I'm not kidding about this but if you can deal him, deal him before he starts going downhill (maybe not in ERA/WHIP but he might start having less save chances for just being on an offensive team).
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rainman23 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:25 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:Despite being a Sox fan, I see him averaging a 6 or 7 saves for the rest of the season. I'm not kidding about this but if you can deal him, deal him before he starts going downhill (maybe not in ERA/WHIP but he might start having less save chances for just being on an offensive team).

Not to really get something going with you, Nat, but what in the world are you worried about? The Red Sox have several concerns, but one of them isn't Papelbon. Papelbon's fantasy owners may have lots of worries, but one of them isn't Papelbon. You're wrong; he's much more likely to see his ERA and WHIP rise than his save opportunities dry up. But all three have to degrade a hell of a lot before he isn't one of the top closers available.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:18 pm

28 points for me this week...

;-D

starting pitcher point territory in my HTH league once again.

:-°
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chip1010 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Paps just got a much-earned win! This week, I needed that a lot more than a save.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Sox Nation » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:28 pm

rainman23 wrote:
Red Sox Nation wrote:Despite being a Sox fan, I see him averaging a 6 or 7 saves for the rest of the season. I'm not kidding about this but if you can deal him, deal him before he starts going downhill (maybe not in ERA/WHIP but he might start having less save chances for just being on an offensive team).

Not to really get something going with you, Nat, but what in the world are you worried about? The Red Sox have several concerns, but one of them isn't Papelbon. Papelbon's fantasy owners may have lots of worries, but one of them isn't Papelbon. You're wrong; he's much more likely to see his ERA and WHIP rise than his save opportunities dry up. But all three have to degrade a hell of a lot before he isn't one of the top closers available.

I'm just worried about his save chances. The Red Sox aren't normally known for recording a lot of saves compared to other teams (ie. St. Louis, Washington (last year), NYY). I agree, at the most, I see his WHIP rising slightly and his save chances going down due to the Sox's offense.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers