that pitcher reyes on st louis... wowee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

that pitcher reyes on st louis... wowee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:44 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:the cards gm says he expects reyes to stay in the rotation the rest of the year.

you can expect similar results although obviously he isnt going to throw one-hitters every time. he gets a decent amount of k's, hardly walks anyone, and will give up the occasional long ball because he sometimes likes to throw the high fast ball. he is polished and poised. he is a pitcher, not just a thrower. should be a solid pickup in any format. must have in NL only although if there is any kind of depth he should have been gone in NL only leagues by now.

Great post. ;-D

since the card's system is so thin i've had ample time to study reyes. 8:1 k/bb ratio at AAA this year. 8-o i'm just crossing my fingers that he doesnt get injured.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:46 pm

Where was he playing in the minors what league? That ERA isn't that exciting
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:47 pm

acsguitar wrote:Where was he playing in the minors what league? That ERA isn't that exciting

Memphis in the PCL
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:51 pm

most recently AAA memphis. i know, era isnt sexy (3.04). the defense behind him kind of sucks. there really isnt a whole lot of talent at memphis right now. the peripherals are outstanding though. 8:1 k/bb ratio, 0.97 whip, 8.2 k/9. you'd expect a better era with those stats and i think its A) partly due to the defense and B) he said he went through a 'dead arm' period early in the season. i think he just did a little too much work leading up to the season in an attempt to try to win a big league rotation spot.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb ... pid=435039
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:52 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:the cards gm says he expects reyes to stay in the rotation the rest of the year.

you can expect similar results although obviously he isnt going to throw one-hitters every time. he gets a decent amount of k's, hardly walks anyone, and will give up the occasional long ball because he sometimes likes to throw the high fast ball. he is polished and poised. he is a pitcher, not just a thrower. should be a solid pickup in any format. must have in NL only although if there is any kind of depth he should have been gone in NL only leagues by now.

Great post. ;-D

since the card's system is so thin i've had ample time to study reyes.

Good point. :-D

He should have a spot in the rotation even when Mulder comes back, right? I'm assuming it will be Ponson that goes to the bullpen.
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:55 pm

tomdoyle3 wrote:
He should have a spot in the rotation even when Mulder comes back, right? I'm assuming it will be Ponson that goes to the bullpen.

all indications are that reyes has finally secured a spot. when mulder comes back i assume ponson is gone. that could mean bullpen. that could mean DFA. ponson is definitely in the dog house right now.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:09 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:

all indications are that reyes has finally secured a spot. when mulder comes back i assume ponson is gone. that could mean bullpen. that could mean DFA. ponson is definitely in the dog house right now.

Ok cool. :-)

Thanks for the info.
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:21 pm

I'll echo the above. If Reyes is still available then he's definately worth a pick-up in mixed leagues of 10 or more teams. He is a highly rated prospect with solid skills across the board.

He also has great control -- something most rookies, even the young studs, do not -- so he's likely to enjoy success right away.

Add in the peripherals (NL with good pitchers home park, top-rated offense, good bullpen) and you're looking at an SP with a lot of upside and not much downside.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby silverZ » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:27 pm

I've got to ask, WHATS UP WITH THE SOCKS?! I love them ;-D
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:27 pm

silverZ wrote:I've got to ask, WHATS UP WITH THE SOCKS?! I love them ;-D

i love the socks. check this out: http://kleptofish3.blogspot.com/2006_04 ... chive.html

thats not me, btw.

not too sure about the hat. he irons it to keep it flat. apparently flat brim is the style now? he can wear whatever the hell he wants to if he keeps throwing one hitters.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers