Anyone dumber than the Knicks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone dumber than the Knicks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:06 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:generally you need to give brown 2 years to work his magic but isiah was never going to bring in the players that brown needs to turn things around so something had to change. either brown or isiah had to go, and as stupid as isiah is he isnt going to fire himself. the knicks are claiming brown violated something in the contract and arent going to pay him the 40 mil. per the contract, the dispute will be decided by the commissioner.

as a bulls fan i love it...they get to swap first rounders with the knicks next year.

Agreed. This will be decided by Stern. The Knicks claim that he broke his contract with MSG by conducting roadside interviews without a public relations official present. :-°

I fault them both. The really had no choice but to let him go. That said, he got off easy. He could never win with this group. Thomas is actually being punished here by having to coach this crew.

jzfran wrote:The Knicks just fired one of the league's best coaches because his GM did not give him a team. Isaiah should be the one fired because he brought in a team of overpaid selfish players who could not play team ball. The job Brown had was hopeles. Without a completely new team and GM, the Knicks are going nowhere.

I agree that this team was uncoachable but that didn't stop him from accepting a $50M contract. He gave up on them and called out the players constantly. Both sides are to blame here.

CadensDad wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Mark Cuban :-?

Cuban may be disliked all over the country except in Dallas. He is what I call a hometown owner.

1.)He got the talent to play in Dallas after years of being the worst team in basketball.
2.)He got the fans coming back
3.) He put in a solid coach.
4.) He has state of the art locker rooms for his players.
5.)He goes above and beyond to stick up for his guys and make sure they are treated fairly

I dont know what more a team could ask for. Sure he shoots off at the mouth alot. But he nicely pays his fines. Then he matches the fines dollar for dollar and donates the money to chairity. Cuban is a owner I'd love to see win a championship because he wants the win as much as the guys do.

Those sound like many of the reasons that everyone hates Steinbrenner. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:09 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Mark Cuban :-?

Cuban may be disliked all over the country except in Dallas. He is what I call a hometown owner.

1.)He got the talent to play in Dallas after years of being the worst team in basketball.
2.)He got the fans coming back
3.) He put in a solid coach.
4.) He has state of the art locker rooms for his players.
5.)He goes above and beyond to stick up for his guys and make sure they are treated fairly

I dont know what more a team could ask for. Sure he shoots off at the mouth alot. But he nicely pays his fines. Then he matches the fines dollar for dollar and donates the money to chairity. Cuban is a owner I'd love to see win a championship because he wants the win as much as the guys do.

Those sound like many of the reasons that everyone hates Steinbrenner. ;-)

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. And Steinbrenner doesn't even get fined.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk