I guess Bonds really is a jerk - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I guess Bonds really is a jerk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:54 pm

well, i wasn't sure if eftda was calling me a boner, bitchmouth, bastard or butthead. so, the artform may be higher or lower than you're deducing based on eftda's intent. :-?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:15 pm

i'm not calling you a name, I just want to know that the "b" stands for.

it could stand for baseball or "Boo YA"

or Bee as in buzz.

Ok, now i REALLY want to know, tell me

please... :-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:22 pm

my name's ben. friends call me b. no offense intended/taken.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pkarr5000 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:34 pm

hmmm. i wonder where ben comes from. i dont see it anywhere in benjapage
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:58 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:hmmm. i wonder where ben comes from. i dont see it anywhere in benjapage

LOL :-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:31 pm

Some people just lie in wait to jump on certain players. Look at all the uproar over Juan Gonzales declining a trade to the Expos, a place that would have been a terrible place for an injury prone guy like Juan to play. People come out from the woodwork calling him a selfish bastard for declining a trade. Who the hell is HE to decline a trade????

Well, Raffy Palmeiro just did the same thing to the Rangers, yet Raffy is not dumped on like Juan. Raffy stole Ryne Sandberg's wife, so he could also be considered an adulterer, yet the media LOVES Raffy. Raffy's decision to decline a trade goes by unnoticed.

Ryne Sandberg is probably an A-hole, and his wife probably left him because he is an A-hole. I'm not calling Raffy a bad person for what happened there. I don't know the whole story. If it was another player, that player might be villified.

Bonds isn't always the nicest guy to be around. I think he has made some large errors in judgement, including fighting child support payments to his 'other', forgotten, child. He's not an axe murderer though.

So Bonds isn't the role model everyone wants little Junior to have. He's moody, and a little gruff at times. He also does alot of caring and positive things.

Give these guys a little leeway. They do alot of things we are all clueless about. Many of them have non-profit organizations to help underpriveleged children. Many of them donate thousands and thousands of dollars to charity anonymously. Many of them have sufferred racism and bigotry much of their lives and do not trust or like the media, or the old-boy network that runs it. These aren't well polished, prep school grads.

Bonds is 2nd generation baseball, so his role models HAVE been ball players. Knowing that players are not perfect role models to have, would it surprise you that Bonds is not a perfect human being?

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bballplaya87 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:09 pm

Benja,
You had some good points. I only knew about the one isolated incident as far as the racism thing went. So i didn't pattern him to be racist but you brought several instances to light. My opinion on Cobb has changed based on what you have brought up but it still doesn't change the fact that you are a douchebag and jerkoff. have a nice day.
J
Bballplaya87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby benjapage » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:27 pm

thank you, j.

!+) my evening will be fantastic.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:12 am

DGroundhog wrote:Some people just lie in wait to jump on certain players. Look at all the uproar over Juan Gonzales declining a trade to the Expos, a place that would have been a terrible place for an injury prone guy like Juan to play. People come out from the woodwork calling him a selfish bastard for declining a trade. Who the hell is HE to decline a trade????

Well, Raffy Palmeiro just did the same thing to the Rangers, yet Raffy is not dumped on like Juan. Raffy stole Ryne Sandberg's wife, so he could also be considered an adulterer, yet the media LOVES Raffy. Raffy's decision to decline a trade goes by unnoticed.

Ryne Sandberg is probably an A-hole, and his wife probably left him because he is an A-hole. I'm not calling Raffy a bad person for what happened there. I don't know the whole story. If it was another player, that player might be villified.

Bonds isn't always the nicest guy to be around. I think he has made some large errors in judgement, including fighting child support payments to his 'other', forgotten, child. He's not an axe murderer though.

So Bonds isn't the role model everyone wants little Junior to have. He's moody, and a little gruff at times. He also does alot of caring and positive things.

Give these guys a little leeway. They do alot of things we are all clueless about. Many of them have non-profit organizations to help underpriveleged children. Many of them donate thousands and thousands of dollars to charity anonymously. Many of them have sufferred racism and bigotry much of their lives and do not trust or like the media, or the old-boy network that runs it. These aren't well polished, prep school grads.

Bonds is 2nd generation baseball, so his role models HAVE been ball players. Knowing that players are not perfect role models to have, would it surprise you that Bonds is not a perfect human being?

I try to give them leeway and I also hope that the kids look elsewhere for their rolemodels but the fact remains that there are some players that every time they open their mouth, they need to put their foot in it. Bonds is one of those players.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby timkell » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:32 am

...there are some players that every time they open their mouth, they need to put their foot in it. Bonds is one of those players.

Yeah, but when your shoes are made of gold, putting them in your mouth don't taste so bad.

:-D
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers