Mobile ESPN Phone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mobile ESPN Phone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pangbones » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:47 pm

I don't have one, but a friend of mine just got one, and I want one too. He still uses his Sprint phone for talking, so he only uses the ESPN phone for "fantasy" tracking. I don't know if the internet minutes count towards your monthly minutes, I don't think it does, but i'm not sure. But you get fast updates, and it has the ESPN gametracker, that shows each pitch, its location, and all that good stuff. It beats the heck out of the crap I get on my Sprint. I have no idea how the actual phone works either.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:50 pm

pangbones wrote:I don't have one, but a friend of mine just got one, and I want one too. He still uses his Sprint phone for talking, so he only uses the ESPN phone for "fantasy" tracking. I don't know if the internet minutes count towards your monthly minutes, I don't think it does, but i'm not sure. But you get fast updates, and it has the ESPN gametracker, that shows each pitch, its location, and all that good stuff. It beats the heck out of the crap I get on my Sprint. I have no idea how the actual phone works either.

That actually does sound pretty cool.. but I don't see myself putting out $40 a month for it.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rich101682 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:20 pm

Nope. The ESPN content and updates and all that are not used against your monthly minutes. The ONLY honest complaint I have about the phone is that you can't preview the ringtones before you buy them.

I know it's not the cheapest phone, and I know that there are less expensive plans out there. But at the time, I needed a new phone because my old contract expired, and I thought "Why not?" For the sports fanatic in me, I love all the info I have at all times. And it's FANTASTIC for instantly settling bar bets. And being on the west coast and working evenings, it keeps me up to date on my Cubbies and Red Sox while I'm not at home.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby dabeave27 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:47 am

I refuse to get it simply because I had to watch that crappy commercial with uber douche bag 60 times a day.

This is of the same logic whereas I refuse to watch any original ESPN movie or TV series.
dabeave27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby rich101682 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:19 am

dabeave27 wrote:I refuse to get it simply because I had to watch that crappy commercial with uber douche bag 60 times a day.

This is of the same logic whereas I refuse to watch any original ESPN movie or TV series.

Not eben The Junction Boys???

(Sopry, I'm drunk...)
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:26 pm

I just upgraded to the new model of phone that the ESPN mobile website is offering. It should be here Friday. I'll let you all know what it's like.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Smooth » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:59 pm

What is different between the "old" phone and "new" one? Keep us posted.
Smooth
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rich101682 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:30 pm

Smooth wrote:What is different between the "old" phone and "new" one? Keep us posted.

The first one they had (Sanyo MVP) is kind of bulky. They just introduced their new Sprint 'Ace" which is the same thing as the Sprint A900, Samsung's answer to the Razr. You can get it for $99, which is a pretty good deal for that phone, regardless of the ESPN content, and you can now get the Sanyo MVP for free after a $30 rebate.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers