Mobile ESPN Phone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mobile ESPN Phone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mobile ESPN Phone

Postby Smooth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:09 pm

Does anyone have this phone? If so, what do you think about it? I heard that any sports stuff you want to keep track of (games in progress) use up your monthly minutes. Is this correct? If so, big fantasy guys could use up a ton of minutes in a matter of days. If anyone has any experience with this phone, please reply as to your feelings towards it.


Thanks
Smooth
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 103
Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mobile ESPN Phone

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 pm

Smooth wrote:Does anyone have this phone? If so, what do you think about it? I heard that any sports stuff you want to keep track of (games in progress) use up your monthly minutes. Is this correct? If so, big fantasy guys could use up a ton of minutes in a matter of days. If anyone has any experience with this phone, please reply as to your feelings towards it.


Thanks


In the future I'd post this in general talk so that I can see it quicker and you can read my comment and be satisfied for the day.

I don't have it.. I don't trust cell phones that have more features then just phone.

What I would do is get a phone that has wireless internet ability when you are in say a coffee shop or anywhere in the world basically
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Smooth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:05 pm

Where is "general talk"???? According to the title, Leftovers is for anything that does not fit into a specific category ala an ESPN phone. Sorry it bugged you.
Smooth
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 103
Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:05 pm

I don't have it and while I would take it for free :-) , it doesn't really seem worth it and seems more like a gimmick than anything else. Unless you're stranded in a desert (in which case you probably won't even get service), I don't think you'll be too far away from a TV or computer where you'll need urgent sports info. My Nextel gets box scores and news for free, so I'm fine with that.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6696
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rich101682 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:12 am

I have it and I love it. The pricing for my plan was pretty outrageous at first, but within a month or so, they came up with new plans and pricing and let me switch to the one I wanted at no cost. Plus you can't beat the free year of ESPN magazine that comes with it. And nothing beats hearing the Baseball Tonight scoring update gingle in your pocket when something happens in your favorite team's game.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 841
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 24 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:38 am

rich101682 wrote:I have it and I love it. The pricing for my plan was pretty outrageous at first, but within a month or so, they came up with new plans and pricing and let me switch to the one I wanted at no cost. Plus you can't beat the free year of ESPN magazine that comes with it. And nothing beats hearing the Baseball Tonight scoring update gingle in your pocket when something happens in your favorite team's game.


how much are the plans?
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Postby DeadWinterDay » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:29 pm

I almost got this the other day but the local Sprint store doesn't have it yet and I'm locked under contract with Nextel until 8/07 so I can't just go to Best Buy =\.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 314
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bernie's front pocket

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:32 pm

Smooth wrote:Where is "general talk"???? According to the title, Leftovers is for anything that does not fit into a specific category ala an ESPN phone. Sorry it bugged you.


general talk is way down at the bottum. its intended for non-baseball things. baseball leftovers is intended for baseball related things that dont fit into the other categories. not a big deal, just for future reference.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby rich101682 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:03 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
rich101682 wrote:I have it and I love it. The pricing for my plan was pretty outrageous at first, but within a month or so, they came up with new plans and pricing and let me switch to the one I wanted at no cost. Plus you can't beat the free year of ESPN magazine that comes with it. And nothing beats hearing the Baseball Tonight scoring update gingle in your pocket when something happens in your favorite team's game.


how much are the plans?


I think the plan I'm on is $40 a month for 400 minutes, the ESPN Phone service stuff, internet browser, 100 Text messages, a year of ESPN Magazine and Insider access on ESPN.com.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 841
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 24 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DeadWinterDay » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:28 pm

rich101682 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
rich101682 wrote:I have it and I love it. The pricing for my plan was pretty outrageous at first, but within a month or so, they came up with new plans and pricing and let me switch to the one I wanted at no cost. Plus you can't beat the free year of ESPN magazine that comes with it. And nothing beats hearing the Baseball Tonight scoring update gingle in your pocket when something happens in your favorite team's game.


how much are the plans?


I think the plan I'm on is $40 a month for 400 minutes, the ESPN Phone service stuff, internet browser, 100 Text messages, a year of ESPN Magazine and Insider access on ESPN.com.




"I heard that any sports stuff you want to keep track of (games in progress) use up your monthly minutes. Is this correct? If so, big fantasy guys could use up a ton of minutes in a matter of days."

Thoughts on what that guy said? That's my main concern as well.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 314
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bernie's front pocket

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact