Hideki Matsui Returning early? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Hideki Matsui Returning early?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hideki Matsui Returning early?

Postby gbill2004 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Another message board was saying that they heard Hideki Matsui was on target to return early. Anyone else hear this, or anything else on Matsui's progress and possible return date?
gbill2004
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FuriousGeorge » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:30 pm

The original estimate is that he would be out for the season and maybe be ready for the playoffs, right? So my guess would be maybe he plays a few games in September and is healthy enough for the playoffs. If you have room on your DL slot stick him in there I guess but I dont think he's worth hanging onto in any other scenerio.
FuriousGeorge
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kid sox » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:00 am

FuriousGeorge wrote:The original estimate is that he would be out for the season and maybe be ready for the playoffs, right? So my guess would be maybe he plays a few games in September and is healthy enough for the playoffs. If you have room on your DL slot stick him in there I guess but I dont think he's worth hanging onto in any other scenerio.

My understanding is that the original estimate was that he would be out until at least September and possibly the season. A best case scenario (ahead of schedule and no setbacks) would be to have him come back early, probably the last week in August. Whether he could be productive in the final month of the season is a long shot at best.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shappy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:01 pm

report I just read from rotoworld had him pegged at a comeback around august 15th

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:12 pm

shappy wrote:report I just read from rotoworld had him pegged at a comeback around august 15th

wow, that's much earlier then anything i've heard so far...i might just have to get him and hope that he can help me come playoff time
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Eightan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:12 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
shappy wrote:report I just read from rotoworld had him pegged at a comeback around august 15th

wow, that's much earlier then anything i've heard so far...i might just have to get him and hope that he can help me come playoff time

just read the same thing. it's based on his so far smooth rehabilitation and Matsui's desire to return then. Knowing the Yankees they may not let him return that soon and risk making it worse... but they might if they really need him for the playoffs.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby x_Momentum » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah, his rehab is goin well. but i don`t think they should risk bringing him in early.
x_Momentum
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcliffy2 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:34 am

From Yahoo:

Recommendation: Matsui was examined by Dr. Melvin Rosenwasser, who operated on Matsui on May 12. Rosenwasser told the left fielder the bones were fusing and the injury was progressing well. Rosenwasser told Matsui to continue his daily workouts and wanted more X-rays taken in two weeks. Matsui would like to return to the Yankees by August 15th.

Have a few new lineup questions if anyone can help (link in my signature).
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Picking him up will be like a HUGE late season trade. I can't wait. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redlegs » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:48 pm

just picked him up for my dl slot and let gagne go.
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates