Any Expos Experts Explease .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Expos Experts Explease ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:03 pm

i simply cant see vlad in an orioles uni
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PresHabib » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:10 pm

just repeating what I heard man...i think it makes sense though...i dont see him going to a big city at all, or one of the teams thats perennially first or second in their division. I think Baltimore fits, though my first thought (though random and unfounded) was Kansas City, especially if Beltran leaves which rumor has it is still a possibility. I think he'll go to a small market team..Baltimore is just as likely as any other small market teams.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LCBOY » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:13 pm

PresHabib wrote:just repeating what I heard man...i think it makes sense though...i dont see him going to a big city at all, or one of the teams thats perennially first or second in their division.

You think Vlad only wants to play for a losing team and not a winning team? That makes no sense.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:13 pm

no, im not saying you're wrong, im just saying i would never see vlad going to baltimore a few years ago.
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PresHabib » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:26 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:no, im not saying you're wrong, im just saying i would never see vlad going to baltimore a few years ago.

oh no no i knew you werent saying I was wrong, i wasnt trying to say you were wrong either, sorry if thats how it sounded...hell theres no tellin whos wrong or right yet, who knows, maybe he'll go to Japan? I think it makes sense but its not necessarily what I expect. It is really interesting to see how many different thoughts there are on where he will go and where the expos will go thuogh, this has been one of the best threads I've ever been involved in. haha
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:28 pm

i wish he would go to colorado. :-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PresHabib » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:36 pm

LCBOY wrote: You think Vlad only wants to play for a losing team and not a winning team? That makes no sense.

Its not all THAT absurd...A-Rod went to the Rangers and they were and are a loser. Griffey went to Cincinatti who hadnt been winning I dont htink (though his reason was that was home) Maybe I'm wrong but Pudge Rodriguez was an FA signee with the Marlins who were losers before this year too, wasnt he? I'm just basing what I said on a couple different things I've heard...one that he may go to Baltimore (quote Peter Gammons who is a guru of the game, lol) and two, what really sticks out, is that word on Vlad personally is that hes a small town guy, doesnt like the exposure that is inevitable in a city like New York, Boston, Atlanta (which is who i meant when i said teams who are perenially first and/or second, sory if that was unclear) and is not likely to sign with a team who resides in a big metropolis.

There are more interesting things at work here thuogh...you're right, it would be stupid to sign with a team that stinks...but i think Vlad is a different kind of free agent, in that I don't expect him to automatically go to the highest bidder or the best team. Not that he wont, but I dont think its an automatic, ya know? Know what I think is MOST likely, is that, especially is the expos are in it till the end, ESPECIALLY if they go to San Juan or wherever, Vlad will stay put in Montreal. Seriuosly though, i think we're finding where he'll wind up is anybody's guess.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PresHabib » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:38 pm

pkarr5000 wrote:i wish he would go to colorado. :-D

Lol, sweet moses, that would be RIDICIULOUS. Imagine how far that 502 foot ball he hit off Atlanta in Montreal would have gone if he was at Coors! DAMNNNN haha. That would be fun to watch all the highlights of his homers there.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pkarr5000 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:40 pm

i'd like to see sheff, sosa, and vlad all go to colorado as a matter of fact even though they're all rf's
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LCBOY » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:55 pm

PresHabib wrote:
pkarr5000 wrote:i wish he would go to colorado. :-D

Lol, sweet moses, that would be RIDICIULOUS. Imagine how far that 502 foot ball he hit off Atlanta in Montreal would have gone if he was at Coors! DAMNNNN haha. That would be fun to watch all the highlights of his homers there.

Probably about 15 more feet.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers