Top 5 Teams: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 5 Teams:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:26 pm

Half Massed wrote:Swept the Twins. Won a lot more games than anyone in the Central Division over the past couple years. I don't think any of the Central teams would have won the West had they been there all season. There's no KC in the West to beat up on.

Are you kidding? The Tigers, Twins and Sox would have won the West.

KC record against
OAK 4-5
TEX 3-3
SEA 3-5

KC played the top teams tough so really the West didn't even beat up our worst team. West is probably the worst divison in the AL.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:42 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
Half Massed wrote:Swept the Twins. Won a lot more games than anyone in the Central Division over the past couple years. I don't think any of the Central teams would have won the West had they been there all season. There's no KC in the West to beat up on.

Are you kidding? The Tigers, Twins and Sox would have won the West.

KC record against
OAK 4-5
TEX 3-3
SEA 3-5

KC played the top teams tough so really the West didn't even beat up our worst team. West is probably the worst divison in the AL.

Tiger's record against the AL West: 19-17
Tiger's record against the AL Central: 45-30

Twin's record against the AL West: 17-16
Against the AL Central: 41-35

White Sox against AL West: 19-15
Against Central: 40-36

The White Sox are the only one of your teams that had a decent record against the AL West.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:02 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Yeah they beat the Twins, but what have the Moneyball A's done in the playoffs since Beane took over? Beane=Genius :-t :-t :-t

Yep, that's right. He hasn't done a thing. What a useless GM.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CadensDad » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:37 pm

CadensDad wrote:WOW!!!!! Is this guy serious? The season isn't even over yet and he is talking World Series? We haven't even had this one yet. Good lord and not only that Free Agent signing's. Trades, injurys....

Wow this has got to be a huge joke

Are you guys serious?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:46 pm

RynMan wrote:
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Yeah they beat the Twins, but what have the Moneyball A's done in the playoffs since Beane took over? Beane=Genius :-t :-t :-t

Yep, that's right. He hasn't done a thing. What a useless GM.

Hey Rynman this is the first thing we have agreed apon ;-D. Beane is a good GM but the genuis label is a bit too much.

Hey do you hear that? I think I hear the brooms sweeping the A's back to the bay. Anyways Rynman have a good weekend because I will watching the Tigers sweep your A's. Make sure you watch the Bears demolish the Cardinals on monday night, then you will know how a real NFL team plays.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:43 pm

As far as Beane goes, you have to wonder how much better off the A's would be if they kept Ethier instead of dealing for Bradley, and had Beane not given Loaiza a ton of money to suck.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:47 pm

davidmarver wrote:As far as Beane goes, you have to wonder how much better off the A's would be if they kept Ethier instead of dealing for Bradley, and had Beane not given Loaiza a ton of money to suck.
Definitely but it is hard to find a GM who hasn't made a mistake. Beane makes less than most.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 379)

Postby RynMan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:10 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Hey do you hear that? I think I hear the brooms sweeping the A's back to the bay. Anyways Rynman have a good weekend because I will watching the Tigers sweep your A's. Make sure you watch the Bears demolish the Cardinals on monday night, then you will know how a real NFL team plays.

Thanks, I'll try and have a nice weekend. I might watch some of your Sox on......oh......wait......that's right. Maybe I can catch them down at the links.

I have no idea what the hell NFL is so that line means nothing to me. :*)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:08 pm

RynMan wrote:
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Hey do you hear that? I think I hear the brooms sweeping the A's back to the bay. Anyways Rynman have a good weekend because I will watching the Tigers sweep your A's. Make sure you watch the Bears demolish the Cardinals on monday night, then you will know how a real NFL team plays.

Thanks, I'll try and have a nice weekend. I might watch some of your Sox on......oh......wait......that's right. Maybe I can catch them down at the links.

Oh wait that's right we won the world series last year and the A's yet again can do nothing in the playoffs. Life is great!! Go Tigers!!
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:04 pm

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Oh wait that's right we won the world series last year and the A's yet again can do nothing in the playoffs. Life is great!! Go Tigers!!

Life is good. Tigers sweep! The Bears are going to roll on monday night ;-D .

Rynman you always have next year :-D .
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers