Top 5 Teams: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 5 Teams:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:01 pm

dannahann wrote:
RynMan wrote:
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:When the A's win a playoff series then I'll believe. So Rynman do you think that the A's at the end of the season are a better team than the CWS, Tigers, NYY, BoSox or even the Bluejays? I think not.

Yes, all barr possibly the Tigers.

Pity about them White Sox....eh?

:-D ;-D

Funny, I still say the A's are NOT better than ANY of those teams. All they've done is win a division which is possibly the worst in baseball and is definately the bottom 2. And win a series in which none of those teams were a part of. If the A's beat the tigers then so be it. But right now they are just a good team in a BAD division.

For what it's worth (which is nothing) I'd take any of those teams to beat the A's in a 5 or 7 game series.

Maybe the White Sox because the Twins came out of that division, but I believe the White Sox are a better team than the twins as well.

As for the East teams? Baby, come to this division and try to finish in the top 3.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:24 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Funny, I still say the A's are NOT better than ANY of those teams. All they've done is win a division which is possibly the worst in baseball and is definately the bottom 2. And win a series in which none of those teams were a part of. If the A's beat the tigers then so be it. But right now they are just a good team in a BAD division.

For what it's worth (which is nothing) I'd take any of those teams to beat the A's in a 5 or 7 game series.

Maybe the White Sox because the Twins came out of that division, but I believe the White Sox are a better team than the twins as well.

As for the East teams? Baby, come to this division and try to finish in the top 3.

If you haven't realised it by now (especially after the Yankees-Tigers series), then you will never realise it. Good pitching beats good hitting. The A's and Tigers had the best starting pitching in the AL - it's no fluke that they are where they are.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 pm

Where do the A's finish if they played in the Central division this year? I still don't believe that the A's are an elite team. I love Frank but I hope Det. sweeps the A's.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Where do the A's finish if they played in the Central division this year? I still don't believe that the A's are an elite team. I love Frank but I hope Det. sweeps the A's.

Exactly. A's don't finish higher than 3rd in the Central or the East.

BTW, I take the Jays Halladay, Burnett and Lilly in a 5 game series over whatever the A's throw out there...and then Ryan to close it out? But the Jays play in the East. Which means they finished second this year. Inthe West they finish first...EASY!!And that goes for the Tigers, Yanks, BoSox, White Sox.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:38 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:Where do the A's finish if they played in the Central division this year? I still don't believe that the A's are an elite team. I love Frank but I hope Det. sweeps the A's.

Didn't the A's just beat the AL Central winner in the playoffs?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby BritSox » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:03 am

I have a friend who believes the AL West was the strongest division in baseball. Even last placed Seattle had a winning record against the East.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:56 pm

BritSox wrote:I have a friend who believes the AL West was the strongest division in baseball. Even last placed Seattle had a winning record against the East.

The question is do YOU believe that the West is the strongest division? Well DET is up 2-0 and will put these A's to bed pretty soon. I see alot of the 2005 Sox in these Tigers and will probably win it.
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

The question was were would the A's finish if they were playing in the Central? The Twins, Tigers and Sox would have won the West. Yeah they beat the Twins, but what have the Moneyball A's done in the playoffs since Beane took over? Beane=Genius :-t :-t :-t
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Half Massed » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:06 am

SOUTHSIDE HITMEN wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

The question was were would the A's finish if they were playing in the Central? The Twins, Tigers and Sox would have won the West. Yeah they beat the Twins, but what have the Moneyball A's done in the playoffs since Beane took over? Beane=Genius :-t :-t :-t

Swept the Twins. Won a lot more games than anyone in the Central Division over the past couple years. I don't think any of the Central teams would have won the West had they been there all season. There's no KC in the West to beat up on.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CadensDad » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

WOW!!!!! Is this guy serious? The season isn't even over yet and he is talking World Series? We haven't even had this one yet. Good lord and not only that Free Agent signing's. Trades, injurys....

Wow this has got to be a huge joke

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers