Top 5 Teams: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top 5 Teams:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jvmillion83 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:58 pm

1. Mets- They are deep in every facet of the game. They have the best bench. They have a strong bridge to Wagner. Their rotation might be their achillies right now but they have so many options in a short series depending which pitcher can step up in the 2nd half of the year. El Duque is a masterful postseason pitcher. Soler has upside and if he can put something together, he might not be a bad 4th starter. Bannister was a solid option until he got injured and he might be a solid option. They remind me of the 1996 Yanks with all the aged role players like Franco, Valentin.

2. White Sox- Best rotation in baseball. They have potential to outslug any team in AL. Their bridge to Jenks could be a little better though.

3. Dodgers- Another deep team with alot of rookies who can finally play. Their rotation has potential to win a postseason series. Their pen without Gagne is pretty solid. If Gagne comes back, that pen is nasty.

4. Red Sox- Possibly best balanced lineup in AL. If Schilling, Beckett and Lester are all healthy and pitching their A games at the right time, they are the scariest team in baseball. The Timlin to Papelbon bridge has alot of potential. Injuries will determine how far they go.

5. Houston- Their rotation is the best in baseball now that Clemens is in there. If Lidge has his head on straight, that bullpen is still nasty. I expect them to go on another run.

Honorable Mention
Yankees- They are the Yankees
Blue Jays- Might have best balanced team all around in AL East
Cards- They still are the Cards
Twins- Pitching has sick potential to go a long way.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jvmillion83 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:06 pm

1. Mets- They are deep in every facet of the game. They have the best bench. They have a strong bridge to Wagner. Their rotation might be their achillies right now but they have so many options in a short series depending which pitcher can step up in the 2nd half of the year. El Duque is a masterful postseason pitcher. Soler has upside and if he can put something together, he might not be a bad 4th starter. Bannister was a solid option until he got injured and he might be a solid option. They remind me of the 1996 Yanks with all the aged role players like Franco, Valentin.

2. White Sox- Best rotation in baseball. They have potential to outslug any team in AL. Their bridge to Jenks could be a little better though.

3. Dodgers- Another deep team with alot of rookies who can finally play. Their rotation has potential to win a postseason series. Their pen without Gagne is pretty solid. If Gagne comes back, that pen is nasty.

4. Red Sox- Possibly best balanced lineup in AL. If Schilling, Beckett and Lester are all healthy and pitching their A games at the right time, they are the scariest team in baseball. The Timlin to Papelbon bridge has alot of potential. Injuries will determine how far they go.

5. Houston- Their rotation is the best in baseball now that Clemens is in there. If Lidge has his head on straight, that bullpen is still nasty. I expect them to go on another run.

Honorable Mention
Yankees- They are the Yankees
Blue Jays- Might have best balanced team all around in AL East
Cards- They still are the Cards
Twins- Pitching has sick potential to go a long way.
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:10 pm

I think the Tigers are going to fall apart. Call me crazy, but teams don't improve this much so quickly. They're a team to watch in the future, sure, but they're just not going to the World Series this year.

1. Mets
2. White Sox
3-5. Red Sox, A's, Cardinals

The Mets are the most complete team right now, with the White Sox not far behind. The Red Sox have a great team if they can get Schilling and Beckett just a bit more consistent, the A's are a very good team with the ability to get better if they decide to trade some of their pitching depth, and the Cardinals can't be counted out given their division and 1b.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:26 pm

White Sox- Have great SPing. The lineup is very scary. Bullpen could use one more arm. Won the WS with a worse team last year.

Mets- Line up is insanely good. Lost of good all round players. Pitching staff is a little shaky at the back end. Wagner needs to pitch more consistenly. and so does Heilman in the bullpen.

A's- This team just wins. If they get Harden back the rotation will contend for best in baseball. Street has pitched unbelievable lately. and when the bats get going (second hyalf hitters on this team) they will be pretty scary.

Blue Jays- Could be the most balanced lineup in the big leagues. Hanging in their despite major injury concerns in their rotation. If Burnett can stay healthy for the rest of the season and maybe add a 3-4 starter in july they will win this division. Ryan is as lights out as you can be. Think where they'd be if Towers and Chacin pitched like they did last year and Burnett was healthy. They'd be running away with this division.

Red Sox- They have the big 3-4 in Manny and Ortiz. Youk is the better lead off guy so I'm happy to see them keeping him there even with Coco coming back. Rotation has had ALOT of problems. Beckett looks great and then bombs. Schill had a great start and then had some rough outings. They need those 2 to be more consistent. the back end of the rotation will get better if Lester is for real. Paps looks like he's the real deal and will be giving Ryan a run for the Rolaids relief award at thend of the year. Leading the division but the Yanks and Jays will be getting better. They need too as well.

Cards- With Pujols this team is top 5 if he comes back sooner than expected (next week maybe!!) then they are the right up there. Nice to see them give Ponson the boot for reyes. He gives them a better chance to win. Need to see more from Marquis. Car[penter has looked great (of course cause he's an ex-jay). Izzy needs to keep the walks down or they will come to haunt him.

Yanks- Will be surprised if they can keep it up with Matsui and Sheff out and the pitching staff pitching the way it has. But they are almost assured of going out to get a high end player before the deadline. They will be there till the end.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Sox Nation » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 pm

Red Sox Nation wrote:1. Mets
2. White Sox
3. Red Sox
4. Blue Jays
5. Cardinals

Bubble- Dodgers, A's, Tigers, Astros

I agree with you guys. The Mets def. have a lot of talent in their offensive roster with Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, and Wright. They've got Pedro and Glavine to lead them and Wagner to close out games.

As for the CWS, I too agree, they do have an amazing starting rotation and Bobby Jenks is a great closer too. Thome and Konerko are good and Dye and Crede and heat up some games.

The Sox do have a good rotation esp if Lester can keep it up. They'll have a good rotation with Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield (some rusty starts but if he can dominate with his knuckleball it'll all be good) and Lester. Johnson will probably be 5th but who knows. They could always get Mulder in a trade (if possible) and hope he doesn't get burned.

Blue Jays. A nice lineup with Rios, Wells, Glaus, and Hillenbrand. B.J. Ryan is an excellent closer and is second (behind Papelbon) in ERA. If A.J. stays healthy, he along with Halladay can get them lots of wins.

Cards- The usual. Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds. If they stay healthy, they can make a run for the division. Pitchers need to be better and I hope Anthony Reyes will stay up because he's had some amazing stuff.

I'm putting the Dodgers in the bubble because even though they'll win their division, I don't really see them making it past the first round.
A's get an honorable mention because of the way Zito, Haren, and Street have been pitching. They're starting to heat up and take the division from the Rangers.
Tigers- I don't believe in them. I sence that they'll fall hard in the 2nd half. I don't like their hitting that much but their pitching (esp Velander) is awesome. Jones could work on trying to get some saves and not blow them.
Astros- If Clemens comes back and wins (not like his game today but I expected him to be less dominant because it's his first major league game in a while), and "tutors" Backe, Oswalt, and Pettite, I don't see how they can't win the wilcard. Hitting could improve but overtime that'll work out.
Red Sox Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:27 pm

The Mets definitely have a shot, but I don't see their rotation holding up into October. I'd rank them like this:

1. A's
2. Cardinals
3. White Sox
4. Mets
5. Tigers
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby suppasonic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:The Mets definitely have a shot, but I don't see their rotation holding up into October. I'd rank them like this:

1. A's
2. Cardinals
3. White Sox
4. Mets
5. Tigers

The A's? They need some help to just make it to the playoffs, let alone be the team with the best shot to the world series. Their run differential is 0, and even though they are a second half team, this is a worse team than the A's of the past few years

My list:

1. Detroit
2. White Sox
3. Mets
4. Dodgers
5. Yankees
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:40 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:The Mets definitely have a shot, but I don't see their rotation holding up into October. I'd rank them like this:

1. A's
2. Cardinals
3. White Sox
4. Mets
5. Tigers

Homer

:)

A's could barely win against the Rockies in Coors.

3 Runs all by Nick Swisher in 3 games
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:42 pm

Nice list Belle. Good contribution.

Interesting to see how this compares to the pre-season rankings. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:47 pm

1. A's
2. Cardinals
3. White Sox
4. Mets
5. Tigers

Are you serious?
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers