Roger Cedeno and Cliff Floyd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roger Cedeno and Cliff Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roger Cedeno and Cliff Floyd

Postby Bender » Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:32 pm

Both these outfielders are available in my league on waivers. Should I try to get one or both of them? I think Cedeno is great for steals and Floyd for homers, correct? Cedeno doesn't seem to be playing very well though.

The question, also, is who to drop. Or should I try to drop both Preston Wilson and Matt Lawton for these guys?
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:36 pm

hard to say. this depends a lot on your needs, on your whole team and in which categories you need help. I am not sure Floyd can help you a lot, but Cedeno (he for sure will hit better) can bring you a lot of SBs, but again, depends on the rest of your team
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:44 pm

Cedeno for one is a traditionally slow starter. If history repeats itself, he'll be a lot better from May on, and the steals will start coming in bunches. The problem is that all these guys have value - none should be left on the wire. Dan's right; it depends on your needs. Floyd and Wilson are fairly equal in terms of risk/reward, but I'd strongly consider dropping Lawton for Cedeno. Cedeno does come with one more point against him, though: Valentine will use him all over the lineup, including as a pinch-hitter. And don't we all love having a pinch-hitter in our lineups...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bender » Fri Apr 26, 2002 4:58 am

At the moment I have a waiver request of Lawton for Floyd, but I guess I should pick up Cedeno too, it's just's that Preston Wilson has been playing well lately, and my steals have been picking up. Homers, however, have dropped off the face of the earth except for Valentin and Giles. I need some power.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tim » Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:54 pm

Floyd has tremendous breakout potential and this could be his year...take him if he is on waivers!!!! he has much more value then cedeno...unless you need steals despretley
Tim

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bender » Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:00 am

I missed out on Floyd, but I just realised I have Jermaine Dye coming back, so I would have to get rid of someone soon anyway. I guess I will drop Lawton in the end, to get my roster to the right size.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Wilson VS Cedeno

Postby petben » Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:35 pm

I'm sure Cedeno will come back and get you a goodly amount of steals, but Wilson is no slouch in that dept either. He also has more power and RBI potential. Since he's now in the top of the order look for his runs to increase while the RBIs fall off a bit. All in all, I'd rather have Wilson. Remember he was well on his way to a break out season, until injuries and the death of his son slowed him last season.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers