Naked DSL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Naked DSL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:07 pm

That would be pretty awesome lofunzo; I'm thinking about just getting Comcast for TV and Internet; that 42.95 seems pretty reasonable after the promotional rate and I can always just downgrade my tv service if it gets too expensive.

I really like the idea of the free cable modem from the comcastoffers website.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:30 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Whenever you move, do a little research and try to find a local Direct Sales department. That's the department that I work in and my offers are always better than customer service.

i think thats what i've been doing. when i move to a new building they hand me a flyer with someone's business card stapled to it.

It should be $3/month. What to do depends on you. Not sure what they cost now but they used to be $100. That means that you can rent 1 for 3 years before you equal the $$. If technology changes, you could be stuck with a $100 paperweight.

rental fee was $5 for me (chicago). at $3 i'd probably just rent because, like you said, if any technology changes or the modem goes bad comcast replaces it. i got the sb5120 when it first came out for about $50 after rebate so i just decided to buy.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:35 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Whenever you move, do a little research and try to find a local Direct Sales department. That's the department that I work in and my offers are always better than customer service.

i think thats what i've been doing. when i move to a new building they hand me a flyer with someone's business card stapled to it.

It should be $3/month. What to do depends on you. Not sure what they cost now but they used to be $100. That means that you can rent 1 for 3 years before you equal the $$. If technology changes, you could be stuck with a $100 paperweight.

rental fee was $5 for me (chicago). at $3 i'd probably just rent because, like you said, if any technology changes or the modem goes bad comcast replaces it. i got the sb5120 when it first came out for about $50 after rebate so i just decided to buy.

That dude is smart. Make sure that it is a Comcast employee and not a contractor, though. I don't understand why more employees don't do that. Easy money and the customer is happy.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk