Has Chris Capuano finally proved the doubters wrong? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has Chris Capuano finally proved the doubters wrong?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tomdoyle3 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:16 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
tomdoyle3 wrote:
Ender wrote:My one worry with him as a Brewer fan is that he has faltered late in the year each of the past 2 seasons. Two years ago it was an injury, last year he was simply overworked because they wanted to try to get him to 20 wins. He's yet to end a season strong though so its sitting in the back of my head that he might not finish very strong.

In 2004, Capuano pitched 100 innings combined between AAA and the Majors. In 2005, he was overworked and pitched 219 innings! After more than doubling his 2004 total, a 2nd half decline was to be expected.

This year, I think he'll do fantastic in the 2nd half. ;-D

i agree i think hes up for a great 2nd half and could end up winning near 20 games while striking out over 200 batters..
when the season started i had tons of faith in cappy, i got him in the 10th round of my 16 team keeper league.. i was excited when i got him because i knew everyone was undervaluing him.. with the new higher powered brew crew offense i expected tons of wins once again.. like someone said earlier, 26-29 is where many players hit there prime.. and i think capuano may finally be proving he can be a top 10 fantasy pitcher in this league ;-D

Hitter usually hit their prime at 27-28. Pitchers hit it a little later, 28-30. Capuano is just 28, and a great guy to own in a keeper. ;-D

capuanos 27.. but i agree with you for the most part.. and hitters are 27-30 in my opinion.. for prime years, not talking about when a player necessarily breaks out.. ;-D

Whoops. :-)
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers