The Official Jose Reyes Bandwagon... Enjoy the Ride! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official Jose Reyes Bandwagon... Enjoy the Ride!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cordscords » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:25 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatguy27 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:26 pm

About a month ago I traded Reyes and Clemens for Oswalt and Hanley. I thought it was a great deal. I loved Reyes and was happy with his production, but I had no idea he had this kind of potential. Talk about bad timing. Hanley went into a huge slump (average has dropped about 70 points), Reyes caught fire (has raised his average 56 points), Oswalt has been pedestrian (I had expected him to pick it up) and about a week later Clemens anounced he was pitching mid July. Woe is me.

My question is, how long can Reyes stay this hot? The man has been phenomenal lately, yes, but he can't possibly keep it up, can he? This really has been a hot streak for the ages. He will certainly regress somewhat. What are people's projections for his final totals.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:26 pm

thatguy27 wrote:About a month ago I traded Reyes and Clemens for Oswalt and Hanley. I thought it was a great deal. I loved Reyes and was happy with his production, but I had no idea he had this kind of potential. Talk about bad timing. Hanley went into a huge slump (average has dropped about 70 points), Reyes caught fire (has raised his average 56 points), Oswalt has been pedestrian (I had expected him to pick it up) and about a week later Clemens anounced he was pitching mid July. Woe is me.

My question is, how long can Reyes stay this hot? The man has been phenomenal lately, yes, but he can't possibly keep it up, can he? This really has been a hot streak for the ages. He will certainly regress somewhat. What are people's projections for his final totals.


im looking for around a 285 avg 15homeruns 75-80rbi 130+runs 65-70sbs.. 1st round material..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:33 pm

32 hits (13 for Extra Bases), 7 SB in last 13 games! :-°

Im on the bandwagon, and wishing I had drafted Reyes/Soriano in any of my leagues.
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:30 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:About a month ago I traded Reyes and Clemens for Oswalt and Hanley. I thought it was a great deal. I loved Reyes and was happy with his production, but I had no idea he had this kind of potential. Talk about bad timing. Hanley went into a huge slump (average has dropped about 70 points), Reyes caught fire (has raised his average 56 points), Oswalt has been pedestrian (I had expected him to pick it up) and about a week later Clemens anounced he was pitching mid July. Woe is me.

My question is, how long can Reyes stay this hot? The man has been phenomenal lately, yes, but he can't possibly keep it up, can he? This really has been a hot streak for the ages. He will certainly regress somewhat. What are people's projections for his final totals.


im looking for around a 285 avg 15homeruns 75-80rbi 130+runs 65-70sbs.. 1st round material..


I was thinking about the same. Might throw in that he'll probably end up with around 18 triples. However, I'm thinking the runs and SBs might be a bit high. This recent streak has really boosted his numbers, and obviously it won't continue. I'd say 120 runs and 60 SBs is more likely. And I don't see him hitting 15 HRs. Still, this streak has been amazing and it could not have come at a worse time for me. Can't really complain though, because the vast majority of my trades so far have worked out well in my favor.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:56 pm

thatguy27 wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:About a month ago I traded Reyes and Clemens for Oswalt and Hanley. I thought it was a great deal. I loved Reyes and was happy with his production, but I had no idea he had this kind of potential. Talk about bad timing. Hanley went into a huge slump (average has dropped about 70 points), Reyes caught fire (has raised his average 56 points), Oswalt has been pedestrian (I had expected him to pick it up) and about a week later Clemens anounced he was pitching mid July. Woe is me.

My question is, how long can Reyes stay this hot? The man has been phenomenal lately, yes, but he can't possibly keep it up, can he? This really has been a hot streak for the ages. He will certainly regress somewhat. What are people's projections for his final totals.


im looking for around a 285 avg 15homeruns 75-80rbi 130+runs 65-70sbs.. 1st round material..


I was thinking about the same. Might throw in that he'll probably end up with around 18 triples. However, I'm thinking the runs and SBs might be a bit high. This recent streak has really boosted his numbers, and obviously it won't continue. I'd say 120 runs and 60 SBs is more likely. And I don't see him hitting 15 HRs. Still, this streak has been amazing and it could not have come at a worse time for me. Can't really complain though, because the vast majority of my trades so far have worked out well in my favor.


considering reyes stole 60 bases last season, i see 65-70 reasonable.. and you cant forget about that great lineup behind him.. reyes was already on pace for over 100 runs before he went on his huge hot streak..and was hitting 240.. so if he can hit 280+and walk a decent amount like he has been, why cant he score 130?
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Third Day and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact