The Official Jose Reyes Bandwagon... Enjoy the Ride! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Official Jose Reyes Bandwagon... Enjoy the Ride!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:38 pm

Best SS in fantasy baseball baby, hitting .300 now!
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:45 pm

who needs Carl Crawford when you have Reyes ;-D
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Iconoclastic wrote:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1372645&highlight=#1372645

I started a big preseason thread for my SS projections where I stated that Jose Reyes would be the league's most valuable fantasy shortstop. My proclamation was derided and most posters disagreed with me. It's fun to look back at it and feel vindicated.

Although this might be the year to actually BE a Mets fan.

Well your first statement in the thread is wrong. 60 SB are not as valuable as 60 HR. When a SB starts giving you an automatic run, and at least 1 RBI then you can say that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:03 pm

hes been playin great.. picked him up actually after somebody dropped him.. also have jeter but no one will trade anythin for them.. oh well.. this guys doin everythin.. lookin very solid so far..
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 412)

Postby activechamp2006 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:07 pm

ive said it plenty of times hes the carl crawford of shortstops.. and now hes even better.. this kid should easily be a first rounder next season if he hits for atleast a 280 average the rest of the way.. and does everything else we know he can do.. im really excited to have him, i think we have the next superstar on our hands ;-D
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DzNutz88 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:40 pm

I have man-love for him big time.
DzNutz88
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SwisherSweet » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:44 pm

I drafted him #11 in a 12 team dynasty league.....and got Miggy when it came back to me.......so lets just say I am a happy man...I even when out and bought a Reyes jersey....this kid is on fire...........4-5 again today with a HR....holy bandwagon Batman
SwisherSweet
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LongBallMan23 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:48 pm

Im jumping on! One of the Fastest guys on the Bathpaths! Hes going to Pittsburg for the All Star Game
LongBallMan23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby A's » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:39 pm

I read someting on yahoo about not only the best shortstops but the core of a team's success is Reyes, By batting now well today 300 going for 4/5 for the second day in a row, he gets on base, and with now today 34 steals he gets into scoring position and with some pop he get's Rbi's, bottomline he is very valuable player to have on a team, wish the Athletics had them but the Mets were smart investing in him. He's a mix of Sizemore and Crawford, but less power than grady and more speed than crawford, and a better eye. I have on my roster and very happy, I am currently on a 3 week 19-9 winning streak. Go mets and athletics
A's
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Well your first statement in the thread is wrong. 60 SB are not as valuable as 60 HR. When a SB starts giving you an automatic run, and at least 1 RBI then you can say that.

You're wrong. If you'd read the entirety of my thread then you would have seen that your position was taken by guys like CubsFan7724 and was argumentatively debunked by the likes of George_Foreman and brandnew, among others.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers