OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:18 pm

In the OC Register, the Angels have reportedly added Nick Adenhart to the original offer to the Orioles.

The trade on the board is now E. Santana, E. Aybar, and N. Adenhart for M. Tejada.

Frankly, I'd rather give up Wood to get Tejada than Santana. The Orioles are insisting on Wood. Unless we plan on moving Wood to the OF, this doesn't make much sense. Kelvim's too inconsistent and Colon's health is in question.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:40 pm

Tejada's past his prime and won't go to 3rd.... We have a SS. We should makea push for Aramis Ramirez, or just do a small deal.... but I'm against trading quaity SPs, especially with Colon iffy.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have all out talent on the tam 2 or 3 years from now than gve it up for a one-shot deal, but Aramis wouldn't be that, he's not old.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:22 pm

johnsamo wrote:Tejada's past his prime and won't go to 3rd.... We have a SS. We should makea push for Aramis Ramirez, or just do a small deal.... but I'm against trading quaity SPs, especially with Colon iffy.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have all out talent on the tam 2 or 3 years from now than gve it up for a one-shot deal, but Aramis wouldn't be that, he's not old.

Aramis makes more sense... cheaper to get and the productive bat we need in our lineup. We would be able to keep Santana and probably would make a relative steal as ARam will opt out of his contract as he doesn't want to play for the loser Cubs anymore.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby sLim » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:17 am

tejada is out of the question...the balt head office is too retarded to make any realistic trade...the astros have offered oswalt, adam everett and morgan ensberg and still the orioles have turned it down...

aram would make sense for the angels...but u also have to kno that he can opt out of his contract next year...so if he really doesnt like the cubs...he can opt out and go into free agency...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:10 pm

No deals made... we're going with what we got...

Can't blame Stoneman for not making a move, seeing as he did try and the asking price was ridiculous for Tejada or Soriano. Not to mention Tejada is too big of a baby to play 3rd. All I have to say is, I hope these prospects pan out... cuz that's what it looks like our plan is... creating a monster team the next couple of years. I also think that this means we'll make a play for Soriano or Cabrera in the offseason.

I actually don't mind standing pat... Angelos was crazy to turn down Santana, Adenhart, and Aybar for Tejada, but his loss, probably our gain.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim