OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sLim » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:44 pm

or we could go after cabrera in the offseason and not lose anything except someone like moseley if even that...and on top of that keep wood, mcpherson and adenhart...

just cuz u bring him over here...doesnt guarantee that he would stay...just like cabrera being a marlin at this point in the season, doesnt guarantee that he will be a marlin next year...

would u take that gamble in giving up the foundation of ur franchise to take a gamble and hope that u can resign someone...

i wouldnt...if the marlins dont lock him up...then its open bidding...just like if the angels traded for him and he didnt want to resign with the angels...

someone as young as cabrera...hes already won a championship...hes already aiming for batting titles...and hes gonna be looking for the most money offered...not only a winning team...he might desire a team like the yankees...u dont kno what he wants...thats why i wouldnt trade for someone like him...plain and simple...

on the otherhand...say cabrera was locked into a multi year long term deal...then i would consider trading for him...just like i would consider trading for crawford...u know how many years of service they are locked in for...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:06 pm

What good does Wood do us if we sign MCAB in the offseason? Nothing, he will be blocked. Might as well get MCAB who can help us win a WS this year and get MCAB comfortable with the OC area so he is MORE likely to sign with us when given the chance.

If we trade for him and give him an extension right away I think he will sign. Also, I don't think he's available that soon. I think he is arbitration eligible.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:11 pm

Phatferd wrote:What good does Wood do us if we sign MCAB in the offseason? Nothing, he will be blocked. Might as well get MCAB who can help us win a WS this year and get MCAB comfortable with the OC area so he is MORE likely to sign with us when given the chance.

If we trade for him and give him an extension right away I think he will sign. Also, I don't think he's available that soon. I think he is arbitration eligible.

we could put cabrera in the OF...hes not that great of a defender anyways...or use one of them at DH...

we need more help in the OF then we do in the IF...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:16 pm

sLim wrote:
Phatferd wrote:What good does Wood do us if we sign MCAB in the offseason? Nothing, he will be blocked. Might as well get MCAB who can help us win a WS this year and get MCAB comfortable with the OC area so he is MORE likely to sign with us when given the chance.

we could put cabrera in the OF...hes not that great of a defender anyways...or use one of them at DH...

I guess we have different opinions. Our OF is fine compared to our IF. Rivera, Figgins and Vlad, IMO is pretty solid and doesn't need to be messed with. We have holes at 2nd, and 3B, and 1B definately is if Morales doesn't step up his game. I just don't see how you can say our OF has more holes.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sLim » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:49 pm

Phatferd wrote:
sLim wrote:

I guess we have different opinions. Our OF is fine compared to our IF. Rivera, Figgins and Vlad, IMO is pretty solid and doesn't need to be messed with. We have holes at 2nd, and 3B, and 1B definately is if Morales doesn't step up his game. I just don't see how you can say our OF has more holes.

as of now...i consider figgins our best 3b...izturis is hot...but hes not our long term option there...2b we have ak/kendrick...1b we have morales...he plays excellent defense...i think just as good as erstad when he won a gold glove...its his offense that needs the adjustment...

i consider figgins an infielder...sure he can play OF...his range is more valuable as an infielder to me...anyone who can play the infield can play OF...figgins should be our 3b until we find a good option there...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:56 am

Unless, we can get Soriano or Tejada relatively cheap. I say we we go small and grab a vet bat who can fill in at 1b and of... Like a Craig Wilson or a doug Meintcwitz or however you spell his name or Chris Blake type...

I don't want to trade wood, Kendrick, Santana, or Saunders.

Keeping Kendrick in the lineup is crucial, keeping GA at DH is crucial, bringing up Saunders for MR or for Bartolo if he's hurt is crucial

If I see Kennedy playing 2nd again and Kendrick on the bench I think I'll throw up.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:01 am

The perfect deal

Craig Wilson
Joe Randa
Roberto Hernandez
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:06 am

I'd trade Wood in a deal for Tejada... That's basically it... no Santana unless it's MCab... no Kendrick PERIOD... no Weaver EVER!
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby johnsamo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:05 pm

If that Ted Williams cloning thing worked, Kendrick and Weaver would be available, but just one, bot both, otherwise, no way.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:47 pm

From what I've heard...

The Orioles have rejected an offer of Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar for Miguel Tejada.

The Angels appear to be in the hunt for Soriano, but Washington wants a major league ready pitcher along with Erick Aybar, and the Angels aren't down with that.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim