OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

OK Who Should the Angels Trade, And For Whom

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby angels7777 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:14 am

who would you part with for Miguel Cabrera?

I am thinking a Kendrick, Kotchman, McPherson type deal....... that would have to be of interest to the Marlins and reasonable for the Angels
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sLim » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:48 pm

id rather have howie kendrick for the next 4 or 5 years instead of having cabrera for one year...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Halo Homers » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:40 pm

angels7777 wrote:who would you part with for Miguel Cabrera?

I am thinking a Kendrick, Kotchman, McPherson type deal....... that would have to be of interest to the Marlins and reasonable for the Angels

I would think McPherson (without a doubt), Rivera (I think they would want an OF personally), and high level pitching prospect like Saunders

They are pretty strong up the middle with Ramirez and Uggla, so I think Kendrick would not be on their shopping list.

As far as only having Cabrera for a year, I guarantee you Arte would pull out the checkbook for Carbrera. Could make the arguement to wait a year and go after him in free agency, but a trade may allow you to lock him up cheaper before he goes on the open market. Wow him with how nice it is to play with the Angels.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:03 pm

I am against trading for a "Jacque Jones" or "Craig Wilson" because that isn't going to be enough help or protection for Vlad. IMO, if Cabrera is available for a reasonable asking price (I don't know what Florida will specifically want in return), I say we go for it. With this pitching staff, we certainly have a legit shot at playing for a ring. Arte then opens back up the checkbook and signs Cabrera to a multiyear deal, bam... we've got a chance to do something special.

Assuming Florida isn't asking for the Farm in return for Cabrera... because then my plan is pointless :-P
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby sLim » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:21 am

at the very minimum...florida is gonna ask for a top arm...such as santana...one of our better prospects...not guys like mcpherson who have already struggled in the bigs...but a guy like kendrick or wood...and maybe someone small like a mcpherson...

and there is no guarantee that he will stay...even if shown the money...lets just say for some reason he likes florida because of the location...maybe its closer to his home in venezuela so he can visit his family or vice versa...another team such as florida, tampa, or even a team like the yankees could easily outbid arte...even tho moreno would make a great bid...but look at a situation like konerko...he says he would luv to play for the angels...but all he was really doin was using the angels as a bargaining tool to up his asking price to stay in a situation that he likes...there are no guarantees...

to me...even if they just asked for santana and howie or wood...that is too much...and ill tell u this...miguel cabrera is one of my 5 favorite players in the pros...im always overpaying to get this guy in my keeper leagues...

tryin to get someone like miguel cabrera is a pipedream...i bet the chance to get crawford is gonna be more realistic cuz hes already signed to his big time deal...

realistically speaking...soriano and carlos lee are the only real big bats who are gonna be available...
sLim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:33 pm

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:I am against trading for a "Jacque Jones" or "Craig Wilson" because that isn't going to be enough help or protection for Vlad. IMO, if Cabrera is available for a reasonable asking price (I don't know what Florida will specifically want in return), I say we go for it. With this pitching staff, we certainly have a legit shot at playing for a ring. Arte then opens back up the checkbook and signs Cabrera to a multiyear deal, bam... we've got a chance to do something special.

Assuming Florida isn't asking for the Farm in return for Cabrera... because then my plan is pointless :-P

What do you think Adenhart could get us? I really don't want to trade Santana. I know MCAB is a stud, but our pitching has carried us this far and I really don't want to mess witht he rotation as it is. I feel if we just upgrade our offense a little, we could still make a serious run. No need to deal our number 3 SP.

If we can get MCAB, I wonder if this deal would suffice...McPherson, Kotchman, Adenhart and Aybar or something...or Wood and Adenhart?

I have no problem trading Wood for MCAB. I think Wood winds up at 3B and I'd much rather get MCAB who we know can play at this level and produce huge numbers plus hes only a few years older than Wood. Wood we still don't know what he can do over the long run.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Phatferd wrote:
OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:I am against trading for a "Jacque Jones" or "Craig Wilson" because that isn't going to be enough help or protection for Vlad. IMO, if Cabrera is available for a reasonable asking price (I don't know what Florida will specifically want in return), I say we go for it. With this pitching staff, we certainly have a legit shot at playing for a ring. Arte then opens back up the checkbook and signs Cabrera to a multiyear deal, bam... we've got a chance to do something special.

What do you think Adenhart could get us? I really don't want to trade Santana. I know MCAB is a stud, but our pitching has carried us this far and I really don't want to mess witht he rotation as it is. I feel if we just upgrade our offense a little, we could still make a serious run. No need to deal our number 3 SP.

If we can get MCAB, I wonder if this deal would suffice...McPherson, Kotchman, Adenhart and Aybar or something...or Wood and Adenhart?

I have no problem trading Wood for MCAB. I think Wood winds up at 3B and I'd much rather get MCAB who we know can play at this level and produce huge numbers plus hes only a few years older than Wood. Wood we still don't know what he can do over the long run.

Yeah, if Adenhart can bring back quite a bit, I'd be willing to deal him away. I also agree about Wood... I wouldn't trade him in most deals, but getting an MCab would be worth it for sure. Assuming we can get MCab to sign with us...
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:32 pm

According to Jim Bowden (Washington's GM), who was on ESPN 710 radio with Mason and Ireland, the Angels are not one of the seven teams that have contacted the Nationals about Alfonso Soriano.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Halo Homers » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:45 pm

Phatferd wrote:

I have no problem trading Wood for MCAB. I think Wood winds up at 3B and I'd much rather get MCAB who we know can play at this level and produce huge numbers plus hes only a few years older than Wood. Wood we still don't know what he can do over the long run.[/quote

I think it might be possible to get a deal done for MCAB without giving up Wood, Santana, or Kendrick.

When you take a look at Florida's needs, I think there most pressing needs are 1) OF especially CF , 2) 1B, 3) C

Their starting rotation looks really strong already Willis, Olsen, J. Johnson, Sanchez, Petit and throw in Nolasco for good measure. Tha unit looks pretty solid assuming they can hold on to Willis.

Would we be willing to part with Figgins in a deal? He just resigned for about 4 million I think.

Perhaps a deal like Figgins or Rivera, McPherson, Morales or Napoli might be enough for M Cab.

A deal like that could leave a hole in CF for the Angels. Erstad is out for the most if not all of year, could Tommy Murphy handle it?

If we got M Cab, I am not worried about keeping him. Arte would show him the money.

I also agree I would rather see the Angels grab somone like M Cab vs. a Jacque Jones or Craig Wilson, but anything is better than standing pat. I think standing pat would be a huge mistake.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:30 pm

Our pitching staff is as good as I've ever seen it... kudos to Stoneman on that... but it's hard to win when you can't score runs. I think a deal is a must as we have a legitimate shot with this staff (not only this year, but the next couple if we stay healthy). We can't deal Weaver, Santana, or Lackey by any means... but guys like Mathis or Napoli, Aybar, Shell, Adenhart, McPherson, Kotch or Morales, Figgins, Rivera, Kennedy, and Izturis should be on the block to get an MCab. Wood and Kendrick would be much harder to part with, but if the deal is right, dealing one of them wouldn't kill us if we got a stud in return.

I would be willing to do the following deals:
Wood, Adenhart for MCab
Kotchman or McPherson, Wood, Shell for MCab
Kotchman, McPherson, Adenhart for MCab

(I don't think Florida has any need for Kendrick or Aybar... they seem pretty set with Hanley and Uggla up the middle)
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim