Dontrelle is getting rocked... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dontrelle is getting rocked...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:09 am

I took the hit as well. I've also gotten a lot of good stats out of Willis, so I'm dissapointed in this outing, but on the overall, I'm way ahead by picking him up. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pkarr5000 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:58 am

Surfs up wrote:How about cutting the KID a little slack. Yes it WAS bound to happen.Did you really expect him to go the rest of the way undefeated? And you say . Against the Dodgers? Well this is the major leagues and as somebody said you never know. Well we do know. It can happen. I still will take my chances with him. And it is still a tough call between him and Webb for rookie of the year. I am one that believes its not if you team is in the playoffs.Its the season that counts. Yopu only do what you can do to get your team there. You have no control over the rest of your team. And should not be penalized if they come up a game short.I'm out of here. I'm hopping on board that D-Train

you're a little late there buddy. we figured that out a long time ago
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jdh » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:25 am

Willis now has a 6.98 ERA since the all star break. I think he'll probably end the season with an ERA in the mid 3's. Expecting a low 2's ERA from a rookie pitcher all year was probably a bit much.

His quote in the game recap is priceless:

Willis (11-3) lasted only two-plus innings, matching his shortest outing. The left-hander's ERA rose from 2.56 to 3.10, and in five starts since the All-Star break it's 6.48.

``This is not a marquee night for fantasy baseball,'' he said. ``But it takes a lot to get me down.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=230811128
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tjhksig » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:25 pm

He's still a damn stud. Every pitcher, no matter how good, gets lit up at least one or twice in a year, if not more. Pedro, RJ, Schill, Moose, Halladay, Schmidt; they've all been lit this year.

It sounds like all the guys who missed the D-Train are just trying to get a little joy now that he finally has a couple bad starts.

I'm still starting him Sat.
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Super GM » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:13 pm

Ajax wrote:I lucked out. I had Willis on the bench. My Internet connection was down until about 7:00. When I finally got on, to put him in the lineup it was too late. Of course, I'm not going to announce that to my league. I'll just let them keep thinking that I knew what I was doing.
LOL :-D , you better right a thank you letter to your internet provider! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PresHabib » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:46 pm

blankman wrote:
Brandon Webb for NL ROY!! ;-D -maybe he'll finally get the press he deserves

Brandon Webb for ROY absolutely. All his stats are better than Dontrelle, even before this outing. The only reason nobody hears about him is because he doesnt kick himself in the face, do a pieruet, have and a sandwich, and give birth before every pitch.

And surfs up said something about playoff race not affecting ROY voting and it being in the season?...umm...yeah thats irrelevant cuz were talkin d-backs and marlins who are very close in the playoff race right now. Also, i believe the argument on playoff berth that you're making here is the argument we use every year in MVP voting, not ROY voting. Just my 2 cents.
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers