Angels are about to make me a Dodger fan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Angels are about to make me a Dodger fan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Angels are about to make me a Dodger fan

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:37 pm

OK... The Jered Weaver demotion I sort of understand, if a deal is imminent, or maybe the Angels have a rule that any pitcher called up has to throw a no hitter in his first 4 starts or he's gone (nice try Jered)..

BUT...

Can anyone explain one reason why Adam Kennedy is playing second while Kendrick is hitting near 400?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:42 pm

I'm pretty sure the GM is trying the hardest to deal Jeff and Kennedy
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Angels are about to make me a Dodger fan

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:42 pm

johnsamo wrote:OK... The Jered Weaver demotion I sort of understand, if a deal is imminent, or maybe the Angels have a rule that any pitcher called up has to throw a no hitter in his first 4 starts or he's gone (nice try Jered)..

BUT...

Can anyone explain one reason why Adam Kennedy is playing second while Kendrick is hitting near 400?

I recall you saying earlier that the Angels have a problem with being too loyal to some of their guys....Kennedy and Erstad are definetly two good examples of that.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:50 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
johnsamo wrote:OK... The Jered Weaver demotion I sort of understand, if a deal is imminent, or maybe the Angels have a rule that any pitcher called up has to throw a no hitter in his first 4 starts or he's gone (nice try Jered)..

BUT...

I recall you saying earlier that the Angels have a problem with being too loyal to some of their guys....Kennedy and Erstad are definetly two good examples of that.

add Salmon on to that list. Kendrick got called up and did badly, so its not like they don't like the kid or anything. Kennedy will get dealt and Kendrick will be the starter. Though, if the Angels still consider themselves contenders, which they aren't in my mind, they may choose Kennedy for the entire year. Dumb move if you ask me though.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 115)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Probably to get his average up to trade him
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:

BUT...

add Salmon on to that list. Kendrick got called up and did badly, so its not like they don't like the kid or anything. Kennedy will get dealt and Kendrick will be the starter. Though, if the Angels still consider themselves contenders, which they aren't in my mind, they may choose Kennedy for the entire year. Dumb move if you ask me though.

Kendrick didn't get a fair shot. He only started a few games and a majority of his ABs were as a pinch hitter. Let the kid play, instead of throwing him up there for an AB or two.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Well you gota think about this from the Angels perspective. The only chance you have to move Weaver and Kennedy is to showcase them to other teams, which you cant do if they're on the bench. Benching them would drop their value (even though it's pretty low now). We'll see both Kendrick and Jared soon, have patience.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dc928 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 pm

I think they are trying to deal Kenedy, problem Angel's GM is too afraid to make the big trade. I mean me and my friend has this discussions. Althought I am not completely agreed with him but look, if you wanda to get an impact bat you are going to have to give up 1 2 or even 3 of your top prospect to make the deal. No one is going to just give you 2 good players for your bums. Sometimes, I listen to the Angels after game show, I laugh my ass off. There is people calling in wanting to trade Vlad or offer bums for impact players. I mean common, a deal need to be done but with the rate their GM is going, I don't think he is going to get much done.

You are not going to get Manny Ramirez for just E Santana and Dallas Mcpherson. Sometimes you need to get rob to get someone in return even in the case of soon to be FA, A Sorieno. To be honest I think Angels is done for this year, I think they should bring up their young players and just let them played. I mean Howie Kendrick deserves a shot and Jered Weaver certainly deserve the shot. I mean I think it'd help them in the long run if they just bite the ballet for this year.

Just my 2 cents....
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eazyb81 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:11 pm

Is it true that they are keeping Kennedy at 2nd, moving Kendrick to 3rd, and playing McPherson at 1st now?
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Maybe he;ll improve, but right now, McPherson looks to be a platoon type player at best. Just getting a guy like Joe Randa (who's not even starting for the pirates now) to platoon with McPherson would ipgrade 3b, especially its defense... FIggy just can't play 3rd well.

Moving Figgy to the outfiled is going to allow GA to DH more, and he can still hit when he's not tired, but he's had to be out n the field too much.

and 7 or 8 games out in June is nothing.... The A's don't have enough bats, the Rangers don't have pitching, Seattle is too inconsistant.

The Angels Have the pitching and the prospects to get another OF bat. That and shoring up 3rd defensively and this team is a lot better. THe angels lead the league in unearned runs. It's like they have to win by two to win a game because of their defense. That they are within range as bad as they've played proves how easy they can catch up if they play well.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers