Ozzie shoots off at the mouth again - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ozzie shoots off at the mouth again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:46 pm

josebach wrote:
wrveres wrote:10 pages of you guys defending this bigot ... absolutley amazing ..
Nothing about this place shocks me anymore


As a kid growing up, my friends and I called each other fags all the time and not one of us had anything against gay people or meant it hatefully. As I got older, I came to realize that some words offend regardless as to whether or not you intend them to so I stopped saying them. Ozzie hasn't come to that realization yet. Ozzie doesn't act like a grown man, he acts like a child. That's his biggest problem. I think he completely deserves any punishment that comes to him. Not because he's a bigot, but because he needs to learn that there are certain rules you have to live by in American society and he's not above them.

Could Ozzie be a bigot? Absolutely, but there's no way at all you can tell just because he called a reporter he obviously hates a "fag".

Wrveres, even if you do judge Ozzie and come to the conclusion that he's a bigot, do you honestly think that everybody here sticking up for him thinks he's a bigot? Or that they themselves are bigots?If not, why would you make the comment; "nothing about this place shocks me anymore"?
I realize that not everybody here is defending the bigot, half of them are trying to figure out why the others are defending him.

have I simply misunderstood you time and time again?


oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31638
(Past Year: 1155)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:53 pm

wrveres wrote:oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


you were african american?? how's that work?
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:58 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


you were african american?? how's that work?


still having trouble with that reading thing again I see ..
You know they have tutors right?

edit: almost forgot ...
Yet another guality contribution to the cafe by the miner ;-D
Last edited by wrveres on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31638
(Past Year: 1155)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:59 pm

wrveres wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


you were african american?? how's that work?


still having trouble with that reading thing again I see ..
You know they have tutors right?


haha, im just messing around.

still not fair changing quotes though.. :-D
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:02 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


you were african american?? how's that work?


still having trouble with that reading thing again I see ..
You know they have tutors right?


haha, im just messing around.

still not fair changing quotes though.. :-D


I never edited a thing in that post ..
Nice try though
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31638
(Past Year: 1155)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:06 pm

wrveres wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
wrveres wrote:oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


you were african american?? how's that work?


still having trouble with that reading thing again I see ..
You know they have tutors right?


haha, im just messing around.

still not fair changing quotes though.. :-D


I never edited a thing in that post ..
Nice try though


yea im a genius, misread..

BACK TO THE BIGGOTRY!
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby josebach » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:20 pm

wrveres wrote:
josebach wrote:
wrveres wrote:10 pages of you guys defending this bigot ... absolutley amazing ..
Nothing about this place shocks me anymore


As a kid growing up, my friends and I called each other fags all the time and not one of us had anything against gay people or meant it hatefully. As I got older, I came to realize that some words offend regardless as to whether or not you intend them to so I stopped saying them. Ozzie hasn't come to that realization yet. Ozzie doesn't act like a grown man, he acts like a child. That's his biggest problem. I think he completely deserves any punishment that comes to him. Not because he's a bigot, but because he needs to learn that there are certain rules you have to live by in American society and he's not above them.

Could Ozzie be a bigot? Absolutely, but there's no way at all you can tell just because he called a reporter he obviously hates a "fag".

Wrveres, even if you do judge Ozzie and come to the conclusion that he's a bigot, do you honestly think that everybody here sticking up for him thinks he's a bigot? Or that they themselves are bigots?If not, why would you make the comment; "nothing about this place shocks me anymore"?
I realize that not everybody here is defending the bigot, half of them are trying to figure out why the others are defending him.

have I simply misunderstood you time and time again?


oh and you mean like the time you were 100% convinced the only reason I thought the way I do is because I was African American ... classic :-b


LOL, yeah... that was a good one. Oh, what about the time I called you out on being smug and arrogant and you went crying to a mod because I was "stalking" you?... classic. :-b

Didn't you you ever stop to wonder why in almost every thread you post in there's people fighting with you? Hello, McFly...???

For your sake, I hope you're only this abrasive on anonymous message boards. Otherwise, I'd have to start feeling sorry for you. :-/
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby Zito is God » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:47 pm

Getting in an arguement with wrveres is like betting on the US to win the world cup. You just won't win. :-)
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby KPucks » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Ozzie is at it again. He says he doubts he will attend the sensitivity trainging Selig ordered because to do so he would have to go to classes to learn English first.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2498795
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1913
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Apollo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:30 pm

KPucks wrote:Ozzie is at it again. He says he doubts he will attend the sensitivity trainging Selig ordered because to do so he would have to go to classes to learn English first.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2498795


8-o

Criminy. I thought there'd be a point where Ozzie would learn to just shut his mouth, act reticent and do what needs to be done. But he just keeps going!

I'm sick of this stuff.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 515
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: IL

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blanchexc11, ericada3, germani40, louelladg18, nicholedk11 and 16 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Arizona at Chi Cubs
(12:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(2:20 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(3:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(3:35 pm)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at Baltimore
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact