Yankees Interested in Jacque Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Yankees Interested in Jacque Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yankees Interested in Jacque Jones

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:04 pm

The Yankees are reportedly interested in trading for Jacque Jones.
Jones signed a three-year deal with the Cubs during the offseason, so it's unclear if Chicago would be willing to part with him so soon. It's obvious that the Yankees are intensifying their search for outfield help.
Source: New York Daily News.


----------

I still think they end up with Jose Guillen -- Nats hate him.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1696
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:06 pm

I wonder what we'd get in return. Hopefully they'd take Prior and Wood too. :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Postby Geek » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:17 pm

If the Yanks can get him as part of a Cubs salary dump, then it's a good move.

If they have to give up even one semi-valuable prospect, it's stooooopid.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2447
Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Geek wrote:If the Yanks can get him as part of a Cubs salary dump, then it's a good move.

If they have to give up even one semi-valuable prospect, it's stooooopid.


As a Cubs fan I agree with you and hope that the Yankees are indeed that stupid. ;-D Even if this is pure salary dump I like it as a Cubs fan. Play Murton every day and let him develop. Bring up Pie when he's ready and let him develop. This season is a lost cause...let the kids play.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby DeadWinterDay » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Geek wrote:If the Yanks can get him as part of a Cubs salary dump, then it's a good move.

If they have to give up even one semi-valuable prospect, it's stooooopid.


As a Cubs fan I agree with you and hope that the Yankees are indeed that stupid. ;-D Even if this is pure salary dump I like it as a Cubs fan. Play Murton every day and let him develop. Bring up Pie when he's ready and let him develop. This season is a lost cause...let the kids play.



Nah don't bring up Pie I have no room for him other than as a minor leaguer lol. Anyways the Yankees won't be trading much for him as they rejected Soriano for Hughes.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 314
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bernie's front pocket

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:46 pm

DeadWinterDay wrote:Nah don't bring up Pie I have no room for him other than as a minor leaguer lol.


Lol...I have the same situation with Milledge...need him to go back down and SOON as I need him to stay under 130ab through August 12th. :D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Dhark » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Geek wrote:If the Yanks can get him as part of a Cubs salary dump, then it's a good move.

If they have to give up even one semi-valuable prospect, it's stooooopid.


The Yanks don't have any "semi-valuable prospects", and thier Farm system is called Major League Baseball. Let's be honest. They are everything I hate about baseball. I could not be happier to see them fall short each year, despite a staff stocked full of all-stars.
Image
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 121
Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JeFfReY4 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:34 pm

lol yankees are not the only team that does it dummy.
JeFfReY4
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 266
Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 pm

Oooo Jacque Strap. Would be a nice addition. I want them to try and get Ibanez and maybe Julio Mateo from the M's. Who knows...
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby mikhayl » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:23 pm

Dhark wrote:The Yanks don't have any "semi-valuable prospects", and thier Farm system is called Major League Baseball. Let's be honest. They are everything I hate about baseball. I could not be happier to see them fall short each year, despite a staff stocked full of all-stars.


Tell us how you really feel.

Didn't the Yankees make this exact trade with the Cubs last season when Jacque Jones was named Matt Lawton?
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 839
Joined: 9 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact