alou? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

alou?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

alou?

Postby sammyaction » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:59 pm

what is taking this guy so long to return?? does anyone know if hell be dled or will return this week?
sammyaction
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ivanhack » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Yeah, he's been out since Saturday with back spasms. He's out again today.

Anybody know when he'll be back?
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Euclid » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:17 pm

my guess is friday against the a's in san francisco since they have the off day tomorrow
Euclid
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcliffy2 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:24 pm

My guess is longer (I just dropped him)...anytime a guy is talking about retiring it can't be good. From the giants official site:

Outfielder Moises Alou has missed three games with lower back spasms and reported on Tuesday that he still feels pain while bending over.

He's puzzled about the injury, considering it came from nowhere.

"It's not like I did anything wrong, not like I dove," said Alou, who admitted he was angry at first but has decided to be calm and let the spasms subside.

"I should [be mad]. I'm tired of it, but I can do nothing about it," he said. "There's nobody who loves playing the game more than me. When I play, I play hard and I enjoy playing.

"I want to play next year," said Alou, who turns 40 on July 3. "If I do, I have to stay healthy. I'm sick and tired of being mad about it, too. So I have to get well."

Manager Felipe Alou said he is surprised about the back spasms.

"It's the first time Mo has showed up with something that didn't happen on the field," said Felipe.

Moises said he has mentioned retirement many times before, but if it gets close, "you don't want to mention that word. I love playing the game and I don't want to right now. Is somebody testing me? I don't want to think about it."
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TexDawg45 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:50 pm

I think he is pretty much done fantasy wise. He is turning 40 this season and the nagging injuries are not helping...
TexDawg45
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TexDawg45 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:59 pm

I think he is pretty much done fantasy wise. He is turning 40 this season and the nagging injuries are not helping...
TexDawg45
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ivanhack » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:13 pm

I just waived him too.

Rotowire:

Jun 21 Alou's back injury has the Giants' medical staff concerned enough to schedule the veteran outfielder for an MRI exam Wednesday, reports the San Jose Mercury News.

Recommendation: Alou can move without difficulty but can't bend forward without pain. "We did treatment, but it didn't get any better," said Alou, who woke up with back spasms Sunday. "Not good." Alou said he was "a little" concerned that he might be headed back to the disabled list. He was sidelined May 6-June 5 because of a right-ankle sprain.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates