howie kendrick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

howie kendrick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

howie kendrick

Postby edwin23 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:45 am

The Angels are reportedly considering recalling Howie Kendrick from Triple-A.
The lineup is among the worst in baseball and Kendrick is hitting .396 at Salt Lake, so it certainly makes sense. "During his little stretch up here, even though he had limited exposure, he made adjustments and took them down there," manager Scioscia said. "As we keep going and need bats, he's a guy we're going to look at."

coming up soon ;-D
edwin23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:06 pm

He needs regular ABs. They shouldn't bother if they don't plan on giving them to him.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:36 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:He needs regular ABs. They shouldn't bother if they don't plan on giving them to him.

Completely agree. They need to move Kennedy to make room for him...there's no reason to be starting Kennedy every day and no reason they shouldn't get something in return for him either.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:00 pm

What are folks projecting him as for a full year ... .300-15-15?

From what I've seen and read,. if they bring him up they intend to give him the 2B job and sub him elsewhere as needed, but it will be a full-time role.

I'll bet they do it before the weekend.

The Angels are kind of like the Twins in the sesne that they did NOT field their best team when the season opened. In their reverence to faded vets, they left/leaving their best players in AAA or in case of Liriano in a mid-inning roles. Weaver in AAA etc... geezzz let's spot the rest of the league a few months and play catch-up. Very strange indeed.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:09 pm

d18Mike wrote:What are folks projecting him as for a full year ... .300-15-15?

That sounds reasonable. The power may or may not come this year (he's young and he's a line drive/gap hitter...he may have more doubles and less home runs for the first year or two). He may get closer to 20 sb's but it's hard to say for sure...some guys that run well in the minors don't do so well in the majors but at the same time the Angels run like crazy so a guy that had about 32sb ability in the minors (if you project out to 155 games) could be a legit 20sb guy - especially if they hit him up in that order.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby johnsamo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Adam Kennedy's basically lost the game last night with an error, and he's not hitting. Once gain, the Angels still have him because they remember what he did years ago. That he's had the job this long while Kendrick's been raking is beyong me. Loyalty in relatonships is great, but baseball is about winning, and Kennedy is a part of why the Angels are losing. He has little trade value because (a) he's not that good, and (b) he's a free agent after the season.

He might be OK to spot start for a particuar righty pitcher that he's hit historically, but it's hard to see how a kid hitting nearly 400 isn't going to be better than Kennedy. If Kendrick is just an average glove, we'd immediately upgraded our defense.

The last two Giant games were perfect examples of the Angels season. Two fantastic starting pitchers gave up 1 earned run but still lost.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Hobbes » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:50 pm

johnsamo wrote:The last two Giant games were perfect examples of the Angels season. Two fantastic starting pitchers gave up 1 earned run but still lost.

I know, I've got Lackey on my staff. :,-(

As a matter of fact, my staff is loaded with good pitchers for teams with anemic offenses.

Lackey - Angels
Weaver - Angels
Zambrano - Cubs
Liriano - Twins

The only pitcher I have for a good team is Pedro, and he hasn't gotten the wins he deserves. I should have a fantastic rotation, but I can't get any friggin wins. I hope the Angels do improve their offense by bringing Kendrick up.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates