EJAX up and McClung Down - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

EJAX up and McClung Down

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:41 am

Last night Meadows got the save, but i think that is because EJAX just pitched the other night so they didnt want to over use him. EJAX will get some opps soon, honestly i think if ejax plays well he may the job and keep it, honestly if seth plays well down in AAA, i hope he is closer and they move EJAX to the starting rotation.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuperSlugger360 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:59 am

deerayfan, do you suppose Edwin Jackson could be a realiable SP / RP pitcher in some formats with deep pitching spots? Or do you think this could be temporary and just letting him try out MLB batters again, because his AAA ratios are pretty uhh.. bad.
SuperSlugger360 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:07 am

His AAA numbers are bad b/c they totally changed the way he threw and his mechanics. He was putting so much behind his throw they were worried he will kill his arm ie. Kerry wood and how he used to throw his slider. If u have a deep league i would stash him. Tyler walker sux, and he has elbow tendinits, which always flairs up. During EJAX one start this year against Texas he had one bad inning, and then shut them down the rest of the game. The guy throws hard, i think he will be the closer in the second half.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I do think McClung will be the eventual closer. He throws hard and has a couple pitches to compliment his fastball. As i said, he always seems to get through the first coupld innings and then tire from throwing so hard and blows up. They are going to work with him and get his mind starigh. when he comes up i think he will be a great closer.

i still think orvella is the closer of the future, but thats just me

he definetly was, until the deerays screwed with his delivery. ever since then he has not been comfortable and has pitched misearbly. THey were worried people would steal on him as he was slow to the plate, but i think he should go back to the way he threw before. Also you have to remember he was moved to P from SS. so he is still learning. i like him in the set-up role to complment either EJAX or Seth who throw really hard.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:36 pm

I don't know if this guy will close but honestly nobody knows with the Devil Rays pitching. I just drafted this guy in one of my dynasty.

After 34 innings, Double-A Montgomery reliever Juan Salas' ERA still sits at 0.00. The Devil Rays converted the 27-year-old righthander from third base to the mound in the middle of the 2004 season, and because Salas is no longer just a one-speed pitcher, they are finally reaping the rewards.

Salas consistently showed an 80 arm on the 20-80 scouting scale as an infielder, and he regularly tops out at 96 mph on the hill. But he was pretty much all fastballs all the time before this season--or at least that's the one pitch he was most effective with.

Salas has now added a hard, 85-86 mph slider to his repertoire and the results in the Southern League have been staggering--and so has his command.

In those 34 innings, Salas has a 52-14 strikeout-walk ratio, and opposing hitters are batting just .110 against him.

"He's got a lot of natural late arm-side run on his fastball," a scout from an American League club said. "He gets around on his slider some, but overall he's shown he's got a pretty good idea of when and how to use it."

Salas is currently tied for third in the SL in saves with 14. He's been equally devastating on left and righthanded hitters, with righties batting .123 and lefties hitting a miniscule .081. The Rays are probably glad no one bit on Salas in last year's Rule 5 draft, as they left the Dominican native exposed.

"What he's done up to this point certainly is impressive," Rays farm director Mitch Lukevics said. "Sometimes it takes time for those conversion guys just in terms of body awareness. But he's come a long way from when we first moved him over. He's not just a power arm anymore."

--CHRIS KLINE

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 61689.html
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:36 pm

Salas is a great pitcher and has moved rapidly through the system this year mowing people down. i agree he may also get a shot, but i think Ejax or McClung will be the future.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball