Reyes - stealing machine or on-base wormhole - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reyes - stealing machine or on-base wormhole

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Krunk City King$ » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:10 am

Knicks4ever wrote:
bleach168 wrote:Lo Duca deserves some mention here. He's done a great job of making productive outs and advancing Reyes this year.

great point, whenever reyes gets on first he always takes a pitch or 2 and gives reyes the chance to steal, then when hes on second hell normally ground out to the right side at worst allowing reyes to walk to 3rd, then beltran can hit a fly ball anywhere and you know he'll score, its a great thing to watch, especially if you're a mets fan ;-D

I was listening to the fox commentators say how unselfish that he was a few weeks ago. Yes his actions at the plate are key also.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomdoyle3 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:08 am

thehotcorner wrote:his OBP is up to .348, which is respectable enough. this kid is good.

130 runs, 15hr, 75rbi, 70sb, 280 batting avg.
the potnetial to lead the league in 2 categories while not hurting you anywhere else, from a SS? looks like a first round pick to me.

I think in coming years he'll actually approach .320. Even this year I expect him to hit around .300. Jose is becoming a smarter hitter with better plate discipline and already makes great contact. He has a really low BABIP, and with his speed he should have a BABIP around .330-.340 instead of just .305. And his HR/F is up to 8.7%. Lets not forget that he is just 23, and his power is developing. He could approach 20 hr's a year starting next year. ;-D
tomdoyle3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers