Reyes - stealing machine or on-base wormhole - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reyes - stealing machine or on-base wormhole

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:52 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
cordscords wrote:He had 27 walks last year.

He already has 29 this year.

He is well on his way to becoming the best leadoff hitter in basebal ;-D
;-D ;-D

He's young and getting better all the time.

i think this kid could end up being a late first early 2nd rounder fantasy wise going into next season.. plus the best leadoff hitter in baseball.. hes like a carl crawford from shortstop ;-D

took the words right out of my mouth. Hes just like Crawford but with SS eligiblity ;-D If people think that Crawford is a top 10 pick, then Reyes considered one too, espeically in keeper leagues.
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:17 pm

Well, a lot of us were saying he had to raise his OBP to ever be a good leadoff hitter. He's still not spectacular in that regard, but he's clearly improved significantly.

I think it's a sign of progress that a guy has to write an article defending the value of speed in a leadoff hitter at all. In years past, it was considered the be-all and end-all. Now it seems OBP is getting its due somewhat.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby giants! » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:27 pm

i wouldnt say that Reyes is an easy first round pick. Crawford has power, something which Reyes severely lacks. If Crawford is the #10 pick, Reyes deserves to be around #15
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:33 pm

giants! wrote:i wouldnt say that Reyes is an easy first round pick. Crawford has power, something which Reyes severely lacks. If Crawford is the #10 pick, Reyes deserves to be around #15

reyes has had some power this year.. he could end up hitting 12 or 13 home runs.. thats nice power for a lead off guy.. he has 6 homers right now and had 7 all of last year.. i dont know about crawford being that far ahead of reyes.. because reyes SS eligiblity gives him a ton more value then crawfords of eligibility.. i would see them more in the range of 11th and 12th picks..
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:46 pm

garf112 wrote:
Apollo wrote:I love Verducci, but it would have been nice if he had just touched on the fact that Reyes has Beltran, Delgado and Wright hitting after him.

I wonder why he scores every time he gets on base? Hm...

Don't get me wrong. It definitely helps Reyes to have all of the big bats behind him. But his speed is the reason why he scores more than half of the time that he is on base.

;-D i have him in my keeper league. and after last year, i was thinking about not keeping him before this season started.

WRONG!@#$%^&*

i was just telling a mets fan, that whenever i look up and see 1-0, mets in the top of the first inning, i know that reyes scored a run 80% of the time. and if he scores early, then i know that he will more than likely score again before the game is over. i just love to see the points sequence develop.

reyes singles
reyes steals second
reyes scores

it is so easy....and he took over the lead for the most points scored in my league earlier in the week with 350 points (pujols has 317).

and he was the only player ranked in our top 30 with a .247 batting average (rollins is there now).

this guy is putting up the same numbes that vlad put up for me last season. 40 plus points a week...30 points a week....8 points a day...and it does not stop. and he is supposed to get better?

the good thing about reyes and his speed is that if he gets on first base, he has the ability to score from first base on a single.

and if he gets on with nobody out (always the case in the first inning)...then we know that beltran, lo duca, delgado are usually good for at least a single...

and i still believe that he did not want to play for bobby valentine and that is why he was always injured a couple of years ago....
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:and i still believe that he did not want to play for bobby valentine and that is why he was always injured a couple of years ago....

That was quite a feat. He hated Valentine so much he never even put on a Met uniform until he was fired. ;)

I guess he must've hated Edgardo Alfonzo too.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby garf112 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:00 pm

DK wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:and i still believe that he did not want to play for bobby valentine and that is why he was always injured a couple of years ago....

That was quite a feat. He hated Valentine so much he never even put on a Met uniform until he was fired. ;)

And Kevin McReynolds. :-°
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:22 pm

garf112 wrote:
DK wrote:

i had never heard of this kid until two seasons ago..and well the ghost injuries were laughable....when bobby was his manager.

they had to re-train him on how to run again?

:-?

please!

:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:57 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
garf112 wrote:
DK wrote:

i had never heard of this kid until two seasons ago..and well the ghost injuries were laughable....when bobby was his manager.

they had to re-train him on how to run again?

:-?

please!

:-D

Bobby V. was fired after the 2002 season.

Jose Reyes was brought up in the 2003 season.

What am I missing here?

Art Howe was the Mets manager in 2003, and I don't think anyone could be afraid of him, unless they mistook his snoring for something more vicious.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:13 pm

my bad, bobby was not his manager but that psycho fake mustache wearing fool was managing the mets....

reyes was always on the verge of getting called up when BV managed and he would always become mysteriously injured...

but reyes stayed healthy after he left....

nothing to see here....
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers