Mulder still a good option??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mulder still a good option???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:29 pm

I wouldn't resign him.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:31 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I disagree. No one pays for stats 3 years in the past. At best, Mulder will have to settle for a 1 year contract with incentives.

Zito may not be #1 ace material, but I think he is a extremely good #3 or a pretty good #2 on any contender. And as the only quality SP likely to be available in the off-season, look for him to get really big bucks.

Mulder will get paid if he goes on the FA market just for that reason. After Zito...the talent gets thin.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I disagree. No one pays for stats 3 years in the past. At best, Mulder will have to settle for a 1 year contract with incentives.

Zito may not be #1 ace material, but I think he is a extremely good #3 or a pretty good #2 on any contender. And as the only quality SP likely to be available in the off-season, look for him to get really big bucks.

Mulder will get paid if he goes on the FA market just for that reason. After Zito...the talent gets thin.

Get paid...sure. get paid big...not a chance imo. Like I said, at best he gets a 4 M or so deal with incentives or soemthing like that. No one is going to pay him 8M+ a year on a multiyear deal unless the market reaches new levels of insanity or the Reds decide they want another Milton.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:38 pm

stick a fork in him, he is done.

even if by some miracle he does turn things around he isnt going to k enough people to be much more valuable than spot starters.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 pm

I'd sign him for 4mill if I was a team in need of pitching. But I think he gets around 8-10 mill for around 3 years. He's still under 30. Sad, in know, but pitching is that valuable and the market looks so thin. Right now maybe the Cards could resign him for 6 mill for a few years?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:41 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Get paid...sure. get paid big...not a chance imo. Like I said, at best he gets a 4 M or so deal with incentives or soemthing like that. No one is going to pay him 8M+ a year on a multiyear deal unless the market reaches new levels of insanity or the Reds decide they want another Milton.

last offseason i said no way anyone gives morris a multi year deal but he got 3/27. he was arguably just as bad as mulder in his last two years with the cards.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

last offseason i said no way anyone gives morris a multi year deal but he got 3/27. he was arguably just as bad as mulder in his last two years with the cards.

This is true. Good point. I think Mulder will have a lot worse numbers though than Morris had last season.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

This is true. Good point. I think Mulder will have a lot worse numbers though than Morris had last season.

overall, probably. however, morris sucked to the tune a 5.32 era, 1.52 whip, and .309 baa post all-star break.

/sorry, i'm a bitter cardinal fan.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

overall, probably. however, morris sucked to the tune a 5.32 era, 1.52 whip, and .309 baa post all-star break.

/sorry, i'm a bitter cardinal fan.

You have a right to be after that football score being put up against you tonight...ouch!
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kcs261 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:32 am

Mulder is not good. He has been in decline since the second half of 2004. He is NOT a good buy low candidate. All you have to do is look at the rising ERA, rising WHIP, and declining K numbers. Leave Mulder off your fantasy team. :-t
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers