What was your worst trade this season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What was your worst trade this season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jebatzel » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:27 pm

I traded Scott Williamson for Rob Nenn.

The next day Nenn gets surgury

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bballplaya87 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:24 pm

The worst trade I made though it wasnt actually that terrible was Garret, Moose, Mag, And rolen for I-Rod, Smoltz, Kent, and Vernon Wells. Kent has been atrocious all season and Magglio really caught fire after I traded him. All in all my team is still pretty good. The best trade I made was bonds and posada for Garret, Schmidt, and and Wilson.
Bballplaya87
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kentx12 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:25 pm

I have made a couple of good trades but 2 stand out as being awful. Im April I traded Loaiza for J. Washburn, and shortly after that traded Halladay for Meche and Wade Miller. Sure wish I had that one back.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Nisly » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:38 pm

At the beginning of the year I traded Brett Boone for Padilla, thinking this was Padilla's year. Not a good trade for me. I did however pick up Willis, Javy, and Webb off of the waivers, so I kind of made up for it.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:08 am

Not any really bad trades ive made.. I'd say the one that coulda turned out the worst was me trading Chipper,D.Wells,ElDuque before the season started for Morris,Lilly,Griffey. But i turned around Griffey,Lilly right away in a package deal that got me Smoltz,Zito.

My worst moves were drops. Dropped Javy just before he blew up because my Irod was coming back from whatever it was that was bothering him. Coulda dealt him atleast. And dropped Webb when he went on the DL. That one hurts the most because my pitching is killing me.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grenade Teeth » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:18 am

I've only read a couple that compare to this one... I guess people are smarter than me or too embarassed to put up really bad ones.

Preseason - sent Pujols, A Boone and AJ Burnett for Unit and Hinske. I had 300 K stars in my eyes... now I just have stars.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

worst trade

Postby pixicane212 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:57 am

I traded Melvin Mora for Dave Roberts months ago... Mora went on a tear. Roberts tore something and went on the DL. Ouch. I feel a little better now that Mora is on the DL...

Then I traded Trot Nixon for Randy Wolf (I desperately need wins). Wolf lost his only two outings so far... Nixon has remained his consistent self.
pixicane212

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dice » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:04 pm

Before the season started, I sent Bret Boone away for Robb Nen. Saves were ridiculously valued in this league, so I needed a proven closer. Bleah. The list of closer wannabes on that team include Nen, Hoffman, Chad Fox, Brandon Lyon, Benitez, David Weathers, Brandon Villafuerte, Jesus Colome, Jaret Wright, Juan Acevedo, Brendan Donnelly...
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chodaboy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:14 pm

My worst trade easily this season was trying to screw someone out of a catcher. Piazza had just gotten hurt maybe one pitch ago. I had gotten an offer of Posada, Seo, and Reggie Sanders for Moyer, Nomo. I needed a better catcher badly, and I was hoping to leave the guy with no catcher since he only had posada and piazza.

It wasn't a complete wash as Posada did way better than my current catcher (charles johnson), seo was awesome till now, and sanders is heating up. However, Moyer and Nomo blew up. I still kick myself for that one
Hats for bats...keep bats warm.....glasses
chodaboy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Grenade Teeth » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:13 pm

chodaboy wrote:Hats for bats...keep bats warm.....glasses

glasses?
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner