Bobby Abreu NOT in the lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bobby Abreu NOT in the lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Joe LaCock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:28 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
sixer03fan wrote:the lazy prick makes 14 million this year and he asks for a day off

Very few players are physically able to play 162 games a year. quote]

That's crap! A professional athlete should be able to play baseball PHYSICALLY everyday. Obviously, catchers and pitchers are the example. Now if he hurt himself that is different but a guy doesn't need "rest." If he needs rest, sleep in. Joe
Joe LaCock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheOmen » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:48 pm

And as for being afraid of those walls at Citizen Bank Park...I think Aaron Rowand showed why that may be a healthy fear. yuck.gif

True, but right field is fully padded. Secondly, he just gets close to the warning track and he poops his pants. Third, say what you will about Rowand-that play will go down in Phillies history as one of the greatest catches ever. Had it been Abreu in CF, that ball would have gone down as a triple, costing the Phils the game. Plus Rowand is automattically a folk hero forever now, where as Abreu is looked at as a big fat punk who could have been a Beltran, but instead is half that.

Fine he needs a day off. Agreed. How about a day game after a night game? You'll never see Utley request a day off, I can assure you of that.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 am

TheOmen wrote:Fine he needs a day off. Agreed. How about a day game after a night game? You'll never see Utley request a day off, I can assure you of that.

This is my problem with it. I know he needs days off now and again, especially where he is getting up there in age. And the manager announced early in the season that he would get days off to make sure he wasn't tired out at the end of the season. But I just don't expect players to ask for the day off. I would have been perfectly okay with it, if the manager decided to give him a day off against a good lefty. It is the manager's job to know when his players need a day. And, of course, the exception is if that player has a death in the family, or their wife has a child, etc... there are obviously circumstances where it is okay for a player to ask for a day... from what I have heard, this wasn't one of them.

At any rate, it is what it is, and maybe the day off will propel him into one of his hot streaks.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates