Alex Gordon will NOT skip AAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Alex Gordon will NOT skip AAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alex Gordon will NOT skip AAA

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:52 pm

From Rotowire:

Gordon will not skip Triple-A Omaha on his way to the big leagues, according to The Kansas City Star.

For those expecting Gordon to be called up to Kansas City soon, this is a blow. For those hoping the Royals won't mess him up by throwing him into the fire too early, this is good news.

I definitely fall into the latter group. This season is a lost cause. Promote him to AAA at some point around the ASB and bring him up for a look at the majors in September. Then bring him up for good as the opening day third baseman in 2007.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm

I heard this as well and am not to surprised by it. In any case they weren't going to bring Gordon up before late in the year (must likely Sept.), this just gives him better development against more experienced pitching. Though I must say, what else does he have to prove in AA? He should be in AAA now or very soon since Teahen was promoted back to the majors.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:11 pm

hybrid wrote:I heard this as well and am not to surprised by it. In any case they weren't going to bring Gordon up before late in the year (must likely Sept.), this just gives him better development against more experienced pitching. Though I must say, what else does he have to prove in AA? He should be in AAA now or very soon since Teahen was promoted back to the majors.

Yeah, I've been wondering myself what the reasoning of keeping him at AA is...he's just raking there and they know they want him up to start 2007...might as well promote him and take his lumps (if he actually takes any) now rather than closer to his Sept. callup to the majors.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby birdmandig » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:46 am

Does this also mean AAA for bUTLER TOO?????
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mugrila » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:25 am

I think it's a good move on the Royals part. Let him work his way up and be fully ready to start at the beginning of next season. From a fantasy standpoing it doesn't bother me either since I won't be bringing him up from my minor league squad until next year anyway. :-)
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:13 am

I think it is a the right move for the Royals. Bring Gordon up in September and let him see how the MLB life goes, and then give him the opportunity to be the opening day 3rd basemen in 07. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:16 am

raiders_umpire wrote:...give him the opportunity to be the opening day 3rd basemen in 07. ;-D

And one should hope that Alex Gordon can win that 'competition' with Teahan to be the opening day third baseman.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:...give him the opportunity to be the opening day 3rd basemen in 07. ;-D

And one should hope that Alex Gordon can win that 'competition' with Teahan to be the opening day third baseman.

Yes he should easily win the competition, but still give him the opportunity, not just hand it over to him. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:21 am

Ok don't wanna start a new topic for this, my team is out of it and we get to keep 7 players for next year...I have Putz right now and a team offered me Alex Gordon for him. Is Gordon worth a keeper spot for next year???

Some of the possible keepers for next year (trying to get Crawford right now)

Sexson (maybe)
Ensberg
Sizemore
M. Holliday
Pods
Buehrle
Verlander
Hamels
C. Cordero
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:30 am

Trot Nixon wrote:Ok don't wanna start a new topic for this, my team is out of it and we get to keep 7 players for next year...I have Putz right now and a team offered me Alex Gordon for him. Is Gordon worth a keeper spot for next year???

Some of the possible keepers for next year (trying to get Crawford right now)

Sexson (maybe)
Ensberg
Sizemore
M. Holliday
Pods
Buehrle
Verlander
Hamels
C. Cordero

Gordon's reasonable career arc will look fairly close to David Wright. They're very similar players in talent. The only question there is whether Dayton will be able to put humpty dumpty back together to the point that KC will produce some runs. Gordon and Butler are great talents but beyond that I haven't heard of much above average major league guys in the pipe. The question on Gordon and Butler's value is can KC put together enough of an offense to provide good peripherals to these talented young guys. Even if the answer is no Gordon should be able to put up .300/30/15 as a VERY conservative estimate. I've already got him slotted as one of my 6 keepers from 2007 to 2008 (I get to keep him as a minor leaguer this year as long as he stays under 130ab before August 12th ;-D ). He's just that talented.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball